Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macy's - Another Hard Pull?

tag
Brusilov
Established Contributor

Macy's - Another Hard Pull?

Well, I have to preface this by saying I only have monitoring for my EQ, and use CreditKarma for my TU....and neither came up with a hard pull when I originally applied for the Macy's card online about a month ago and was approved.  I bought something <$100 online, went through OK, paid in full, then yesterday I went to the store to pick up some things and they made me do an ID check at the counter.  They handed me the phone for customer service and they asked you the usual 3 verification questions...went through, approved...and I walked out with my purchases.  Later on that night I get a MyFico alert that I have a new inquiry from Macy's!

Question is...I just assumed they pulled originally on EX...but is it possible they just did a soft and no hard pull until I made the purchase in-store?  Or has anyone else had something like this happen to them?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Macy's - Another Hard Pull?

@vonmannstein wrote:

Well, I have to preface this by saying I only have monitoring for my EQ, and use CreditKarma for my TU....and neither came up with a hard pull when I originally applied for the Macy's card online about a month ago and was approved.  I bought something <$100 online, went through OK, paid in full, then yesterday I went to the store to pick up some things and they made me do an ID check at the counter.  They handed me the phone for customer service and they asked you the usual 3 verification questions...went through, approved...and I walked out with my purchases.  Later on that night I get a MyFico alert that I have a new inquiry from Macy's!

Question is...I just assumed they pulled originally on EX...but is it possible they just did a soft and no hard pull until I made the purchase in-store?  Or has anyone else had something like this happen to them?

Never heard of that, but then most of us have already come to the conclusion that Macy's Credit Department is retarded so I wouldn't be surprised.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.