Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macy's CL ?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Macy's CL ?

Call CS every 3 months religiously and they will give you nice increases. I went from $600->$1,500->$2,200 in 6 months. And I never got a hard pull though I asked for CLI. Which is not to say that you shouldn't call it GLI if that's what they call it.
Message 11 of 21
jp_dlp
Contributor

I opened my macy's account 1 year ago as to help build my credit. started at $100 cl, was a little frustrated as well but used it anyway, never missed a payment, after 3 mos called in to ask how often they do increase in credit and ask if they're gonna pull an inquiry, cust. rep told me they don't but do it internally so I asked for it, gave me 600. then waited another 3 mos. got it up to 1200, just last week I called in again if they can do a review without being hit by an inquiry. they increased my limit to $2900..
Current Fico Score
EX: 660 EQ: 680 TR: 690
Message 12 of 21
Bethm1026
Contributor

WOW..........what great advice!!
Good thing Macy's doesn't sell Coach & Dooney & Bourke........hum or do they?? Smiley Wink
10/2007 TU 545 EX 538 EQ 529
2/2008 TU 628 EX 608 EQ 587
3/2008 TU 636 EX 627 EQ 613
4/2008 TU 637 EX 618 EQ 621
Message 13 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Bethm1026 wrote:
WOW..........what great advice!!
Good thing Macy's doesn't sell Coach & Dooney & Bourke........hum or do they?? Smiley Wink

Uhhhhh beth, be careful what you wish for sweetie. LOLOL. Yes they do! But kind of pricey. Better deals on QVC or at one of their outlet stores. Smiley Happy
Message 14 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've had my Macys card for 2 years and was at $100.  I called last week and they only increased me to $200.  I also have the Macys visa (which I thought I was getting an upgrade on my Macys red card account and ended up with a Macys visa TL) which is at $2000.  I don't know if that has anything to do with it or not.
Message 15 of 21
jp_dlp
Contributor

I don't know why they let you stay at $100 cl for 2 yrs. Have you had any late payments? or have been using 100% util of the account? if that so, maybe thats the reason or maybe you just didn't ask for it at all. I just have the red but have since been converted to gold. I thought about the visa kind as well since you can just convert to that anytime but I think it would just give me another reason to use the card at some place since it's gonna be accepted anywhere. goodluck... 
Current Fico Score
EX: 660 EQ: 680 TR: 690
Message 16 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have never been late on the account.  When I would charge I would either pay all or most of the amount every month.  I do use the card pretty often.  When I called the cs rep was very surprised I had never been increased but then she only gave me $100 Smiley Sad
Message 17 of 21
Bethm1026
Contributor

OMGosh!!!!
You just HAD to tell me that huh???
I called my mom today to tell her we are going to Macy's at the lake this weekend!! 

10/2007 TU 545 EX 538 EQ 529
2/2008 TU 628 EX 608 EQ 587
3/2008 TU 636 EX 627 EQ 613
4/2008 TU 637 EX 618 EQ 621
Message 18 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great info!

Can you provide a bit of info on how you used the card in the three month spans? I just got approved for the card and would like to model my useage after a successful pattern.

Thanks!

Message 19 of 21
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

mfranklin wrote:

Great info!

Can you provide a bit of info on how you used the card in the three month spans? I just got approved for the card and would like to model my useage after a successful pattern.

Thanks!

Just wanted to point out that this is an old, old post. I don't know how many (if any) of the posters on this thread are still around.

There are a ton of more current posts here on Credit Cards. A quick scan over the first 3 or 4 screens should help you find them.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.