cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macy's CLI Request is it a hard or soft?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Macy's CLI Request is it a hard or soft?

Had my account 5 months now only used it once. I have read some threads from back in 2010 where a few people where getting hit with hard just trying to make for sure?

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Macy's CLI Request is it a hard or soft?

Previous to 2/10 all my Macy's CLI requests were granted with a soft pull.

Since 2/10 all my Macy's CLI requests have come with a hard pull.

The last time I called (maybe last month or so) they just looked at the previous pulls (soft or hard) and denied me without a pull - and it had been over 3 months since my last CLI.

Historically, the thinking has been that a CLI would be available after 90 days at the previous CL.  Some folks ran into six months' timing.  I've had mostly good luck with the 3 months' timing.

And some folks get automatic CLI's (I never have - but I've never just let it sit to see what would happen - although that's probably what I'll start doing at this point).

Additionally, some folks have had good luck asking the CSR's if the pull would be hard or soft; and other folks have not received accurate "pull" info from the CSR's.

And some folks have gotten nice CLI's with little usage.  btw - have you called and checked to see what your current CL is?  It may have upped on its' own.

I'm a rebuilder - and my Macy's has gone from $1,000 to $4,100 in 16 months.  Too bad the CL is no longer reported.  Smiley Sad

Which reminds me, do you want to risk an inqury on an account that doesn't report CLI?

Message 2 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Do you want to risk an inqury on an account that doesn't report CLI?

No an i'm gonna past an see if i'll get a auto CLI this year but your right it's not worth it.

Message 3 of 21
kc12286
Frequent Contributor

I asked for a CLI in store once and it was granted, I don't remember if they said they would do a hard pull. But I don't see any inqs on TU or EQ, so maybe they pulled EX.  They later dropped my CL again. I can say I won't bother asking for a CLI again, because they increase and drop without warning. I believe they only gave me a CL of $100, which is my lowest limit. Considering I don't really shop at Macys it's not a big deal. As others said, since they don't report, it's probably not worth the inq.

In the Garden Club since: 07/05/2017

6/9/2008-TransUnion-703
6/9/2008-Equifax-712
6/9/2008 Experian-635

2/16/2011 Transunion - 675
3/11/2011 Equifax - 688
5/13/2011 Equifax - 704
5/28/2011 Equifax - 704
5/28/2011 Transunion - 724
Message 4 of 21
moonman
Frequent Contributor

Today I  called Macy's customer service to check on my account and got this update from a csr : Effective yesterday Macy's has removed all revolving credit limits on accounts and  purchases made will be approved or declined at their discretion.

Message 5 of 21
cam72
Established Member

Starting Score: EQ -604 (4/09) TU 644 (3/10)
Current Score: EQ -698 (3/10) TU-644 (3/10)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 21
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Hi cam72!

I noticed you seem to be having some trouble posting. It is possible to edit your own post if you have posted an incomplete message. To edit your post, go to the post. To the right you'll see "Options." Click on "Options" and select "Edit Message" from the drop-down menu.  If you have accidentally posted a duplicate message, you can use the “Report Abuse to a Moderator” link to asking the moderation team to remove one for you. To find this link, go to the duplicate post, click on "Options," then select "Report Abuse to a Moderator" from the drop-down menu. If you need any help with anything, let me know.  Thanks for your contribution to the FICO Forums!

--fused, myfico moderator

Message 7 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

For some reason I have the same issues posting using the new Windows 9 internet explorer. Didn't have that problem before until I undated a month ago. When I'm at home I have to use firefox to post on the board. Not sure if this is a Fico issue or Microsoft.

Message 8 of 21
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:

For some reason I have the same issues posting using the new Windows 9 internet explorer. Didn't have that problem before until I undated a month ago. When I'm at home I have to use firefox to post on the board. Not sure if this is a Fico issue or Microsoft.

There's a thread about this on the Technical issues board.

(sorry to go OT, but I think that mod-moose, the Lithium mod, is looking for examples of this)

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 9 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got my Macy's in 5/2009 with a $100 CL. In 8/2009 it went to $600 and then 6 or 7 months later it was $2K. Never asked for a GLI, all were auto GLI. Charged and PIF for the first few months, carried a balance through Christmas and begin paying it down in Febuary and then got the 2K CL a few months later. Its been stuck there ever since, or maybe I need to check and see if its higher than that now Smiley Happy

UPDATE: after reading further into this post I called Macy's and the CL is NOT stated as it was before. So I retract my last statement. I guess I no longer have a CL Smiley Sad

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.