cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macy's CLI Request is it a hard or soft?

tag
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Macy's CLI Request is it a hard or soft?

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

For some reason I have the same issues posting using the new Windows 9 internet explorer. Didn't have that problem before until I undated a month ago. When I'm at home I have to use firefox to post on the board. Not sure if this is a Fico issue or Microsoft.

There's a thread about this on the Technical issues board.

(sorry to go OT, but I think that mod-moose, the Lithium mod, is looking for examples of this)

I hate to keep jacking this thread, but I think cam is still trying to post, and it's not working.

If anyone has had trouble posting, please go to this thread and add their info. Well, if you can, since you can't post... Hmmmm...

Can't post message on forum

OK, really handing the thread back now!

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 11 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Macy's Store Card CL's are no more

@moonman wrote:

Today I  called Macy's customer service to check on my account and got this update from a csr : Effective yesterday Macy's has removed all revolving credit limits on accounts and  purchases made will be approved or declined at their discretion.

Well isn't that crazy?

After reading your post, I called to confirm this new policy. 

First of all the automated system doesn't give you the CL as it did before.

And then the CSR apologizes and restates the policy exactly as given by moonman.

I was told I could call and, if planning on purchasing - say - $500 this weekend, I could get it pre-approved.  I asked the CSR what would happen if I just dropped in to Macy's and did a little unpre-planned shopping?  She said I could, of course, but I wouldn't know if it would be approved until after I slid the card.

Totally totally nuts.  Unbelievable.

And did I say crazy?

Thanks moonman for giving us all a heads-up.

And I guess it certainly doesn't matter if you get a soft or hard for a CLI any longer!

Anyone thinking this is part of the process of shifting over to GEMB and having lower limits when everything is all said and done?

ETA: Store Cards in the Subject Line.  I take it from another post today that Macy's AmEx cards are still using CL's?

Message 12 of 21
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Are you serious???? Smiley Surprised

I mean, do you know what the check-out lines at Macy's are like now anyway??? Add to this customers having their cards declined at the register, temper tantrums by angry customers, merchandise being flung at the clerks, clerks saying to heck with it and going on breaks...

Macy's online for me, I guess!

eta: this is the store card, right, not the AmEx? That would be super-fun if you never knew if your Macy's AmEx would be accepted or declined at the gas station or the restaurant or the theatre or the ballpark or...  Smiley Indifferent

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 13 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@moonman wrote:

Today I  called Macy's customer service to check on my account and got this update from a csr : Effective yesterday Macy's has removed all revolving credit limits on accounts and  purchases made will be approved or declined at their discretion.

Well isn't that crazy?

After reading your post, I called to confirm this new policy. 

First of all the automated system doesn't give you the CL as it did before.

And then the CSR apologizes and restates the policy exactly as given by moonman.

I was told I could call and, if planning on purchasing - say - $500 this weekend, I could get it pre-approved.  I asked the CSR what would happen if I just dropped in to Macy's and did a little unpre-planned shopping?  She said I could, of course, but I wouldn't know if it would be approved until after I slid the card.

Totally totally nuts.  Unbelievable.

And did I say crazy?

Thanks moonman for giving us all a heads-up.

And I guess it certainly doesn't matter if you get a soft or hard for a CLI any longer!

Anyone thinking this is part of the process of shifting over to GEMB and having lower limits when everything is all said and done?

ETA: Store Cards in the Subject Line.  I take it from another post today that Macy's AmEx cards are still using CL's?

This is really crazy good I only go to macy's like twice a year lol so it's not a big thing to me. They will loose allot of card members with this mess.

Message 14 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

So, what do you think?

This seems loopy to me, but I know(?hope?) there's a logic of some sort behind it.  Do you think it has anything to do with the GEMB transition?  (It is GEMB, isn't it?  I still haven't heard much of anything about the changing of the guard).

Message 15 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Macy's use to be the big store card around here. How things change lol

Message 16 of 21
cam72
Established Member

I apologize about the post I was trying to make the other day. What I was going to say is that I had called Macy's to check on my account and I found out that there was no limit when I called. So when I spoke to the CSR  she was was saying due to  a change in their policy they will not tell customers their charge limits but if you call with a possible amount limit then they would tell you if you charge will be approved.

I think Macy's is going to lose a lot of business with this move.

Starting Score: EQ -604 (4/09) TU 644 (3/10)
Current Score: EQ -698 (3/10) TU-644 (3/10)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 17 of 21
kc12286
Frequent Contributor

I would have to agree. I never even saw a posted limit when I was approved for my card and I looked all over for it. Never saw a limit on a statement either. I didn't even know my intial limit was $100 until I went to make a purchase and it was declined. (I believe I mentioned this in another post).

I don't do a lot of shopping at Macy's so it's not a huge deal, my last purchase was about $30 and with purchases like that I'm not too worried that it will be declined.

In the Garden Club since: 07/05/2017

6/9/2008-TransUnion-703
6/9/2008-Equifax-712
6/9/2008 Experian-635

2/16/2011 Transunion - 675
3/11/2011 Equifax - 688
5/13/2011 Equifax - 704
5/28/2011 Equifax - 704
5/28/2011 Transunion - 724
Message 18 of 21
crosbyk1
Frequent Contributor

When I found out that Macy's was no longer giving out info on your guideline, I call the customer service number to question this. The rep said that she could not give me my available credit but if I said a amount she could tell me if it would be approved or not. I gave amounts all the way up to my old GL and she said approved for all of them. She also ended up saying that she could see my credit line on her screen and it stayed the same as the old GL. 

Starting Score: 744
Current Score: 744
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 19 of 21
jefftca925
Established Contributor

I just checked my account online and the Amex part of the account still shows the CL as before.  The CL never showed for the store account online so nothing is being missed there.  IMO as long as I get the same discount and perk when I use a different CC other than my Macy's card, I'm happy.  I've shopped at Macy's for years and still intend to shop there for many years to come.  They've always taken care of me when I've gone in to shop.  The CC issue is not an issue to me as long as I get the same customer service at the store level I've always come to expect.

CCs: Chase Freedom VS 12.9k, CSP VISA Sg 13k, BofA Amex 24.5k, Discover 12.5k, US Bank Cash+ Visa Sg 17k, Macy's Amex 8k/1.5k, Gap Visa 10k, Best Buy 11.1k, Citi TY MC 10.8k, Citi AA Amex 6k, Nordstrom VS 10k, Costco Amex 12k, BofA CR VS 5k, Amex BCP 13.5k, Amex ED 5k, Sears MC 9k, HD 7k, Target 600, Amazon 7k, US Bank MC 15k, US Airways MC 8k, NFL Visa 4k, Patelco Visa 10k, Penfed PR VS 44.6k, Chase Hyatt VS 8k, Citi Simplicity 13.3k, PayPal MC 7.5k, BBVA Visa 4k, WF VS 14k, FNBO Amex 14.1k, OCCU VISA 15k, TR Visa Sg 16.3k, C1 QS Visa 11k, FRN MC 15k, HSN 4k, Saks WEMC 10k/4k, Chase Ink 18k, Arrival WEMC 10k, Ebates VS 8k, Orbitz VS 12k, NASA V 30k, USBk FP VS 21.5k, DC 30k, VirgAm 15k, Sams MC 15k, Amex Bz Gold, Amex SC 10k, BofW Bz MC 18k
Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.