cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macy's CLI request uses enhanced score?

tag
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Macy's CLI request uses enhanced score?

@Rhaeny wrote:

Lexie, I have been PIF with them since I got them.  I said I'm gonna try something different this time and let a balance roll for a couple of months.  I got about $200 bucks on there that I will pay off over the next 3 months.  I forgot one other thing she said to me.  She said that another reason that they had to do an HP is because I don't have enough payment history with them.

WHAT?????

Okay so I've but about $2500 through this card since Oct and I'm wondering does their stupid system not recognize PIF before statement as eloquently as pay over time.  So I'm just gonna ride this one out to see what happens.  It's not a huge amount of money to test this theory so we'll see how it goes.

Don't you have a bunch of other good tradelines Rhaeny?  I'd let this one go and put the money elsewhere for CLI chasing, store card CLI's can assist but I suspect they're nowhere near as good as having a national bank card CLI generated (assuming similar increases) in addition to rewards from the spending.

        
Message 11 of 20
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

So I guess my $11 charge doesn't warrant a CLI. Well, I'm going to NY next month maybe I'll do my shopping then instead of Nordstrom
Message 12 of 20
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

@Rhaeny wrote:

Lexie, I have been PIF with them since I got them.  I said I'm gonna try something different this time and let a balance roll for a couple of months.  I got about $200 bucks on there that I will pay off over the next 3 months.  I forgot one other thing she said to me.  She said that another reason that they had to do an HP is because I don't have enough payment history with them.

WHAT?????

Okay so I've but about $2500 through this card since Oct and I'm wondering does their stupid system not recognize PIF before statement as eloquently as pay over time.  So I'm just gonna ride this one out to see what happens.  It's not a huge amount of money to test this theory so we'll see how it goes.

Don't you have a bunch of other good tradelines Rhaeny?  I'd let this one go and put the money elsewhere for CLI chasing, store card CLI's can assist but I suspect they're nowhere near as good as having a national bank card CLI generated (assuming similar increases) in addition to rewards from the spending.

Hmmm, yea I guess you're right.  Never thought about it that way Smiley Embarassed.  All of my store cards are $2K or less and for sure not as important as my major CC's.  As a matter of fact if I didn't have the store cards, and with my current CL's over my major CC's, it wouldn't hurt me one bit.

Advice duly noted Smiley Wink!

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 13 of 20
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Rhaeny wrote:

@Revelate wrote:

@Rhaeny wrote:

WHAT?????

Hmmm, yea I guess you're right.  Never thought about it that way Smiley Embarassed.  All of my store cards are $2K or less and for sure not as important as my major CC's.  As a matter of fact if I didn't have the store cards, and with my current CL's over my major CC's, it wouldn't hurt me one bit.

Grin.

On the actual topic which I forgot to reply to, are we sure it's even a FICO score they were using?

I can't imagine it'd be anything other than Bankcard enhanced, and possibly FICO '08 to boot (which could account for some variation as well), unless most of your derogatory marks were lates and possibly charge offs on credit cards, (and a CO may count flat in either model, not sure on that one) and likely somewhat recently as well, the score difference seems a little large.

        
Message 14 of 20
TimeToRecover
Established Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
So I guess my $11 charge doesn't warrant a CLI. Well, I'm going to NY next month maybe I'll do my shopping then instead of Nordstrom

OMG I love going to Macy's in NY.  I have 2 nieces and a nephew that live in NY and whenever I visit I have to take a trip over to the original macys.  the store is so cool even if you don't buy anything to just walk around.  I mean 1 whole floor of shoes Smiley Very Happy

Starting Score: 570 ish
Current Score:EX (701) EQ (711) TU (705)
Goal Score: 750
In My Wallet: GE Care Credit (8K) BestBuy (6K) BofA Cash Rewards Signature Visa (7K) Cap One Quicksilver (10.5K) Chase Freedom (4K) Lowes (6K) VS Angel Card (2.4K), Macys (4K)
Message 15 of 20
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@TimeToRecover wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

OMG I love going to Macy's in NY.  I have 2 nieces and a nephew that live in NY and whenever I visit I have to take a trip over to the original macys.  the store is so cool even if you don't buy anything to just walk around.  I mean 1 whole floor of shoes Smiley Very Happy

How long does it take you to wander that floor? Smiley Happy

        
Message 16 of 20
TimeToRecover
Established Contributor

Well when you take 4-5 women to look at that many shoes HUMMMM could be days.

Starting Score: 570 ish
Current Score:EX (701) EQ (711) TU (705)
Goal Score: 750
In My Wallet: GE Care Credit (8K) BestBuy (6K) BofA Cash Rewards Signature Visa (7K) Cap One Quicksilver (10.5K) Chase Freedom (4K) Lowes (6K) VS Angel Card (2.4K), Macys (4K)
Message 17 of 20
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

@Rhaeny wrote:

@Revelate wrote:

@Rhaeny wrote:

WHAT?????

Grin.

On the actual topic which I forgot to reply to, are we sure it's even a FICO score they were using?

I can't imagine it'd be anything other than Bankcard enhanced, and possibly FICO '08 to boot (which could account for some variation as well), unless most of your derogatory marks were lates and possibly charge offs on credit cards, (and a CO may count flat in either model, not sure on that one) and likely somewhat recently as well, the score difference seems a little large.

The negatives that I have on EQ is the PR of the BK which will fall off Mar 2014 and a utility bill with a 60 day late in Feb 2007.  

The Bankcard enhanced, if that's what it is, could be weighing heavily on all of the new accounts in the last year.  Prior to those apps all of my scores were around 720 and the more accounts I acquired the lower the score dropped.  As a matter of fact I started seeing this drop sometime in November thru the end of January.  My TU score in February was 637 and last month it jumped up to 669.  

I don't know, maybe it's my AAoA that has dropped substantially as well according to the enhanced version.  According to USAA, my AAoA for EX is 6.2, EQ 5.5 and TU 4.9 but maybe that enhanced version is only looking at open TL's since before 2012, the last newest account opened was in 2005, and all 2005 accounts and prior are all closed.

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 18 of 20
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Possible Rhaeny, that's a good point if you have a bunch of recent accounts opened.  Did you get a letter with the FICO trademark or was it just what the rep told you on the phone?

In my case, fairly confident my Bankcard score is much higher than my Classic one.  My credit card history is actually fairly clean, with any lates from a while ago and pristine history since then; however, I  have a pair of PR's too in various stages and dates in addition to stupid collections.

IIRC your profile right, you're pretty much in the same boat with just needing to let time do it's magic as far as FICO goes.  That and a strategic CLI or two for me Smiley Happy.

        
Message 19 of 20
KIPPIE12
Established Contributor

@Rhaeny wrote:

WHAT?????

Hopefully, you now have the Black Macy's store card since you've hit the 2500 spending level.  I got mine back in February 13' since we blew alot through it in 2012' and at Christmas.  It's just the store upgrade card that gives you a few more perks, like coupons, sales events, free giftwrapping, and shipping i believe.Customer service can upgrade with no pulls whatsoever.

Current Score: EQ: 828, EX: 833, TU: 820 Citi TY Premier WEMC 46.5, (Since 1983)Discover 15.6k|BOA WMC 30.5k|Barclays Juniper Rewards 15k|Barclays Amex 20k| Cap One QS WMC 15K|Chase Freedom VS 19.3k|Citi Dividend WEMC 25k|FNBO 15.5k|CSP 22.1K|Chase Marriott 31.3k|Citi TYP 20K|Citi DP 16.5k|Macys 5k|Sams MasterCard 15k|Barclay Arrival Plus WEMC 18.7k|Chase IHG WMC 26k|Citi Double Cash 10k|Chase MileagePlus Explorer 14k|Amex Everyday 16.2|BBVA Amex 22.5k|Total Rewards VS 12.5k|SGV 10K|Venture 12k|BOA Virgin Atlantic WEMC 11.2K|MB Amex 9.5k
Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.