Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macy's CLI the GREAT HP DEBATE AGAIN!

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Macy's CLI the GREAT HP DEBATE AGAIN!

Why Why Why!!!

So seeing the other thread about CLI at 45 days on SP and rep saying he would stop if reached point of needing HP and others doing online chat and getting it instant with sp I log in and fire up a chat and 2 seconds in she says that she will need income update and permission to pull credit.

I respond that I was looking to have a CLI done with the current report on file or a new SP.

She says that's not possible.

so while still in chat I call backdoor number for credit and he tells me they ALWAYS HP for any opening, reinstanting, CLI requests, Upgrades etc. and the SP does not give them everything they need.

I asked when this policy went into effect

he said as long as he has worked their 1.5 years.

so then i asked if i say okay he inputs in computer and gets answer back or he manual pulls credit and then will review for how much

he responds yes what you said is basically it.

im about to stab my eye after that statement and a pause and he continues.... we update the system with your income and submit and it will come back and let us know if it can grant it or not...

I'm thinking to myself this sounds like the way it's always been and it's ALWAYS been a sp... I asked him further, that is not the part that is done with the report on file and he will be alerted if a full review is needed at that time... and he still said no, HP always.

This is the guy IN CREDIT... I'm sorry but he sounded as confused and uneducated as the regular overseas call center I normally get.... 

Should I just assume as usual with Macy's go with how it was in past and still seems to be based on others and just put in the request??

is this for store and amex side like this??

we are at 3 months on store and amex will be 3 months after 21st... should i do store but wait for amex or?

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
dodfire
Valued Contributor

Re: Mac's CLI the GREAT HP DEBATE AGAIN!

WOW !!

Well I guess you read my post earlier about the increase on chat.

The rep did ask about income and all the normal things. 

He asked how much of an increase I wanted and told him to take the limit to $3k as I had just had an increase back in April, I didnt want to go overboard.

That is when he came back with the counter offer to increase it to $2500 but if I REALLY wanted to try for the full $3k that it would require a HP.

FYI * I saved a copy of the chat, just in case a HP shows up on my report. Smiley Happy

Oh, and this was for the STORE card!!!

*8/10/13
Message 2 of 10
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

@dodfire wrote:

WOW !!

Well I guess you read my post earlier about the increase on chat.

The rep did ask about income and all the normal things. 

He asked how much of an increase I wanted and told him to take the limit to $3k as I had just had an increase back in April, I didnt want to go overboard.

That is when he came back with the counter offer to increase it to $2500 but if I REALLY wanted to try for the full $3k that it would require a HP.

FYI * I saved a copy of the chat, just in case a HP shows up on my report. Smiley Happy

Oh, and this was for the STORE card!!!

I also got countered at 1000 short of what I asked for and was told she could get her supervisor if I really wanted the extra little bit, but he would most likely pull a report.

Message 3 of 10
kroberts67
Established Contributor

The couple of times I've called I get the HP gig...  and I decline.  Although I got an auto CLI after my 6th statement from 800-->2500.  No HP, not even a SP...  so that was entirely based on history I'm guessing!  Did you say you've only had the card 3 mos?  

FICO: EQ 814 | TU 847 | EX ? (Started in the low 500's... you can do it!)

Amex BCE $25000, Amex AP $20000, SFFCU Visa $15000 + LOC $5000, USAA Amex $6000, USAA MC $7000, Cap1 $9500, Freedom $12000, Slate $500, Barclays "RIP" SM $11500, USBank Cash+ $12500, Citi Diamond $11200, Citi Double Cash $12000, Care Credit $13500k.
My Credit Repair Journey
Message 4 of 10
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Yes 3 months.
Message 5 of 10
enharu
Super Contributor

I would recommend you don't bother with them unless you shop there a lot.

The apr rates are ridiculous, and getting a sensible CSR seems to be as hard as trying to win the lottery.
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 6 of 10
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Well went ahead online and requested and instantly countered back for $2k line... current was $1200.

Will wait until after the statement on the Amex cuts and payment posts before asking on that one too.

Now if they would just hurry up and process and mail out the upgrade to the black amex card we have been waiting almost a month for already... they say up to 2 cycles... I don't know why!

Message 7 of 10
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: Macy's CLI the GREAT HP DEBATE AGAIN!

Credit addict, you have to wait until Macy's SP you as well. For me they usually SP Equifax at the end of each month.
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 8 of 10
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

From what I recall on his previous signature tag, Creditaddict believes waiting is overrated. As far as the upgrade to the Macy's Preferred Amex, that conversion policy/timeframe has been in place for sometime. This wasn't the case back in the day when the Visa was issued. It stemmed from cardholder abuse in making the bare minimum purchases for qualification, then contacting their credit department, get the upgrade and then return said purchases (due to their lax return policy) yet still get the upgraded product.
Message 9 of 10
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.