Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macy*s Finally Closed

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Macy*s Finally Closed

It only took a secure message and two weeks of phone calls (about 4 calls) to finally get it closed. Funny to me that the person that was finally able to close it was state side. Logged onto the site and they both show closed....finally!

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Macy*s Finally Closed

Good for you... They have changed so many things that it is infuriating dealing with this particular card. I will be following in your footsteps soon.

Message 2 of 13
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats. It's really too bad what happened to this card.
Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@B335is wrote:
Congrats. It's really too bad what happened to this card.

Totally agree! Endless loop in automated system, reps that have no clue, and a terrible website pushed me over the edge. Wasn't worth the hassle and no regrets closing it.

Also...it should update to the CRAs more frequently.

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I closed mine yesterday as well. I had the store card and Amex card. It took almost a month to receive my Amex card, and for the past 6 months no CSR could help me understand why I couldn't add my Amex card to view and manage online. Horrible website, and the inability to pay my store card online. I had no more patience with them.

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I closed mine yesterday as well. I had the store card and Amex card. It took almost a month to receive my Amex card, and for the past 6 months no CSR could help me understand why I couldn't add my Amex card to view and manage online. Horrible website, and the inability to pay my store card online. I had no more patience with them.

That about it sums it up!

Message 6 of 13
Callandra
Valued Contributor

Don't blame any of you. My mom has the Macys card and she had a really bad recent experience with them and after hearing that, I would never want the card. 

Quicksilver $10,000 | Better Balance Rewards $2000 | Sallie Mae $3500 | Freedom $3500

Last HP: 9/27/2015
Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Now I wonder when it will report as closed and a 0 balance. Both cards have had no balance since September.

Message 8 of 13
jeffery581
Established Contributor

thats the magic of macys. I called the executive office to get my stuff straightened out. Lady had it done in 2 days and gave me a credit for all the trouble. Really nice CSR.

Capital One Quicksilver Visa | Capital One Quicksilver Matercard | Sony Visa | ebay Mastercard | Best Buy Visa| Shell Mastercard | CareCredit | Amazon Rewards Visa | Discover it | Lowes | Home Depot | Chase Freedom | Ebates Visa | TJMAX Platinum MasterCard | Stash Signature Visa | Hilton Amex | Bank of America Cash Rewards Visa | Bank of America Better Balance Rewards Visa | US Bank Cash Rewards | Blue Cash AMEX | IHG Rewards Club World Mastercard | Barclay Cash Foward World Mastercard | Bank of America Travel Rewards Visa | US Bank Cash 365 AMEX | Amex Everyday | Target | CITI Double Cash | WELLS FARGO PROPEL AMEX | Royal Carribean Visa | AARP REWARDS VISA | BEst Western Mastercard
Message 9 of 13
jeffery581
Established Contributor

re: , and the inability to pay my store card online. I had no more patience with them.

Use your banks online bill pay. Most are just 2 clicks and its done.

Capital One Quicksilver Visa | Capital One Quicksilver Matercard | Sony Visa | ebay Mastercard | Best Buy Visa| Shell Mastercard | CareCredit | Amazon Rewards Visa | Discover it | Lowes | Home Depot | Chase Freedom | Ebates Visa | TJMAX Platinum MasterCard | Stash Signature Visa | Hilton Amex | Bank of America Cash Rewards Visa | Bank of America Better Balance Rewards Visa | US Bank Cash Rewards | Blue Cash AMEX | IHG Rewards Club World Mastercard | Barclay Cash Foward World Mastercard | Bank of America Travel Rewards Visa | US Bank Cash 365 AMEX | Amex Everyday | Target | CITI Double Cash | WELLS FARGO PROPEL AMEX | Royal Carribean Visa | AARP REWARDS VISA | BEst Western Mastercard
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.