Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macy's GLI schedule

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Macy's GLI schedule

@Itsmeagain wrote:

WOO HOO!!! . . . took your advice and called.  Got $700 increase on store card to $2,000.  So I says to the CSR; "well, as long as we're on a roll, why don't you check to see if I'm eligible for an increase on the Visa".  He checked and VOILA!! $500 increase on the Visa to $3,500.  BOTH WITH NO HARD PULL.

Credit gardening is mostly boring . . . but sometimes FUN!! . . . . . Smiley Very Happy

Hey Itsmeagain,

Did macy's do a hard or soft pull?

Message 11 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

I actually just looked on my scorewatch to see what my limit was. Its 1,500 and I never received any type of notice of this, but im not complaining.
Message 12 of 33
clocktick
Valued Contributor

Congratulations score_building! 

How often do you shop there?  Have you ever charged closed to your previous limits?

11/30/08 TU 648 EX 672 EQ 656 SEPT 2014 TU 787 EX 789 EQ ???
Amex BCP $24.1K/Clear $8.5- Sallie Mae $27.5 -Cap One QS $7.5 - Chase Freedom $7.5/United $5k/CSP $20k/Ink- Citi DP $9.5/Dividend $13k/HHHx2 $15k/16.4/Reserve $4.5k Best Buy $1940 HD $1701- Discover IT $15k - Elan $8k GEMB Lowes $20k - Macy's $2k - Kohl's $800

Starting Score: 648
Current Score: 736
Goal Score: 765

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 13 of 33
score_building
Senior Contributor

clocktick i am a big fan of the macy's card but not a big macy's shopper.

about 1/2 a dozen online orders in about a year, mostly small ticket (under $100) clearance items.  i've been to a macy's store once since 1/08.  highest bal about 500 of 3500CL (pif).  i let bal. of 100 or 200 report by mistake a couple of times early on, otherwise i typically pif b4 statement. 

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 14 of 33
score_building
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I actually just looked on my scorewatch to see what my limit was. Its 1,500 and I never received any type of notice of this, but im not complaining.

what did you think it was?
Message 15 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@score_building wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I recall it being $100 when I first opened the account.

Message 16 of 33
Itsmeagain
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Itsmeagain wrote:

BOTH WITH NO HARD PULL.

Hey Itsmeagain,

Did macy's do a hard or soft pull?

Just checked . . . . no pull at all . . . . Smiley Happy

Starting Score: TU 737 EQ 721
Current Score: TU 741 EQ 741
Goal Score: TU 765 EQ 760

Message 17 of 33
score_building
Senior Contributor

nice! gotta love those 15X's under the radar increases, congrats, it's a grower Smiley Happy

@Anonymous wrote:

@score_building wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I recall it being $100 when I first opened the account.

Message 18 of 33
score_building
Senior Contributor

@Itsmeagain wrote:

Congrats Score, on the GLI.  As for upgrading, I have both.  The Macy's store card is only $1,300 (which is fine with me since I use it very little), but the Macy's Visa is $3,000.  I haven't requested a CLI in over a year.  Do they pull a hard report for a CLI?

BTW, what is the difference between a CLI and GLI?

itmeagain how did you come to have both? 

-how long did you have the store card b4 apping the visa 

-did you app through an upgrade offer

-seem to be many reports of denials on attempted visa apps.what were your scores, etc.

congrats, once again!

Message 19 of 33
Itsmeagain
Established Contributor

@score_building wrote:

itmeagain how did you come to have both? 

-how long did you have the store card b4 apping the visa 

-did you app through an upgrade offer

-seem to be many reports of denials on attempted visa apps.what were your scores, etc.

congrats, once again!

Sorry for the delay in responding.  Had an all-day cookout.  First of the season . . ."burrrrrrrp"  Oops, excuse me.

I got the store card in Sept. 07, when I was in the early credit rebuilding stage and still had some baddies on my report.  My score at that time was in the low 600's  In April, 2008, as my score improved to 640 and there were less derogs remaining (2), I decided "Why Not" and pulled the trigger for the Visa.  There was no upgrade offer.  In fact, there was no mention of an upgrade. It was a separate application and a separate card.

I am now a "Premiere" card holder.  After reading this post I called the CSR and asked why they hadn't sent a new store card when mine expired.  He explained that anything I charged at Macy's would be applied against the store account and anything outside Macy's would go against the Visa.  It's just one CC number now but the accounts remain separate . . . go figger.  He also went on to tell me that if I needed a major purchase such as Appliances, furniture, etc., that they would open a THIRD account with very low or zero interest and it would not be a revolving account.  Which I may consider in the future if I need something for the credit mix.  He also told me that in that event, there would be NO credit report pulled since I have been such a good customer. (I actually buy a couple hundred bucks per year from Macy's just to keep the account active . . . Smiley Happy

So, I suggest that one with marginal scores app for the store card first; get a few months experience with it, then go for the Visa after you've established a relationship with Department Store National Bank (DSNB).

Hope this answers you question.

IMA 

Starting Score: TU 737 EQ 721
Current Score: TU 741 EQ 741
Goal Score: TU 765 EQ 760

Message 20 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.