Did you mean: 

Macy's GLI :)

tag
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Re: Macy's GLI :)

@mrsgavin wrote:
60% on card. 40% over all

I don't think Macy's is going to treat you anything other than well if you have high UTIL or carry a balance on their card as long as you are paying. At 2_.9% APR + a minumum finance charge of $2 per billing cycle balances are a goldmine!
Message Edited by creditwherecreditisdue on 07-21-2009 02:53 PM
Message 31 of 35
armymom
Regular Contributor

@creditwherecreditisdue wrote:

@mrsgavin wrote:
I called today to request an increase. I got $500 increase from $200. Rep said I can call every three months and should not have a problem if i keep using my card this way. My utilization is 59%.

Congrats! 

Interesting contradiction. Three months or six months? Who knows.

Message Edited by creditwherecreditisdue on 07-20-2009 04:20 PM

I called today just to inquire about what CS, util I need to qualify for the Macy's Visa.  Didn't really get an answer so I asked when I would be available for a GLI since I just had one 05/07.  She said I had to wait six months.  Then she asked if I wanted her to check and see if I was eligible now.  I said sure, why not.  She said I was eligible for an increase to $3600, up from $2900!!Smiley Surprised  So much for even 3 months!  Maybe they take into account your payment history, age of account???

Filed BK 07/07/15 Discharged 10/07/15
Starting scores 11/2015 EQ 567 TU 487 EX 531
Current scores 02/2017 EQ 649, TU 642, EX 651

Cap 1 QS 5000 Cap 1 QS 6500, PenFed Promise 2500, NFCU GoRewards 8000 NFCU CLOC 4000
In the garden until 2018
Message 32 of 35
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@armymom wrote:

@creditwherecreditisdue wrote:

@mrsgavin wrote:
I called today to request an increase. I got $500 increase from $200. Rep said I can call every three months and should not have a problem if i keep using my card this way. My utilization is 59%.

Congrats! 

Interesting contradiction. Three months or six months? Who knows.

I called today just to inquire about what CS, util I need to qualify for the Macy's Visa.  Didn't really get an answer so I asked when I would be available for a GLI since I just had one 05/07.  She said I had to wait six months.  Then she asked if I wanted her to check and see if I was eligible now.  I said sure, why not.  She said I was eligible for an increase to $3600, up from $2900!!Smiley Surprised  So much for even 3 months!  Maybe they take into account your payment history, age of account???

I suspect the GLI is predetermined and sitting on a computer screen right in front of the CSR. They don't make the determination at the time you make your request. (This facilitates off hour requests when a store may be open but a credit analyst not on duty. The overseas reps taking these calls are very low level and are frequently lacking in knowledge.) If they made another pass touching your file since the last time you asked (this whole process has to be automated) -or- they did not give you the entire amount that was available at that time there could still be some more there for you.

Regarding the Macy's Visa my understanding is that there are two ways to get one:

1) By invitation. I have one. This is how I got mine. It was app-less and no hard pull, or

2) By application in store. This comes straight from the website:

https://www.macys.com/service/credit/applynow/creditapp.ognc 

"The online application is for the Macy's store credit card only. To apply for the Macy's Visa credit card, visit your local Macy's store."

Message 33 of 35
armymom
Regular Contributor

I suspect the GLI is predetermined and sitting on a computer screen right in front of the CSR. They don't make the determination at the time you make your request. (This facilitates off hour requests when a store may be open but a credit analyst not on duty. The overseas reps taking these calls are very low level and are frequently lacking in knowledge.) If they made another pass touching your file since the last time you asked (this whole process has to be automated) -or- they did not give you the entire amount that was available at that time there could still be some more there for you.

Regarding the Macy's Visa my understanding is that there are two ways to get one:

1) By invitation. I have one. This is how I got mine. It was app-less and no hard pull, or

"The online application is for the Macy's store credit card only. To apply for the Macy's Visa credit card, visit your local Macy's store."

I don't doubt the process is automated and I feel certain the are required to inform customers of the 3-6 month wait on GLI when asked.  I was just shocked to be honest I received one in less than three months.  I actually work in the store and was just curious as to what criteria they use to qualify customers for their Visa.  I have on several occasions had a window pop up to let the customers know they have been approved for a Macy's Visa and asking if the wanted to accept.  The CSR ( this one was American)  put me on hold twice actually and all she could tell me was they pulled my CR and the apr was 19%. 

Filed BK 07/07/15 Discharged 10/07/15
Starting scores 11/2015 EQ 567 TU 487 EX 531
Current scores 02/2017 EQ 649, TU 642, EX 651

Cap 1 QS 5000 Cap 1 QS 6500, PenFed Promise 2500, NFCU GoRewards 8000 NFCU CLOC 4000
In the garden until 2018
Message 34 of 35
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@armymom wrote:

I don't doubt the process is automated and I feel certain the are required to inform customers of the 3-6 month wait on GLI when asked.  I was just shocked to be honest I received one in less than three months.  I actually work in the store and was just curious as to what criteria they use to qualify customers for their Visa.  I have on several occasions had a window pop up to let the customers know they have been approved for a Macy's Visa and asking if the wanted to accept.  The CSR ( this one was American)  put me on hold twice actually and all she could tell me was they pulled my CR and the apr was 19%. 

Entry APR for a new Macy's Visa is 19.49%. You can earn a rate lower than that.

I agree that the "waiting period" instruction is the "rule du jour" and therefore as easily changed as our socks.

Message 35 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.