Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macy's Now In Hopes of Macy's AMEX Later

tag
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

Macy's Now In Hopes of Macy's AMEX Later

I know I'm suppose to be gardening, but I'm thinking of doing this-maybe not right away-but soon. I got denied for regular AMEX PRG a few days ago and was going to re-app right around Christmas. But I've read several stories of people going from their store card to the Macy's AMEX in just a matter of months AND NOT taking an ADDITIONAL HP during the upgrade-AND still having their original store card. Thinking this might be a viable option b/c after all Macy's AMEX is still an AMEX. Thoughts welcome as always.

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

Re: Macy's Now In Hopes of Macy's AMEX Later

just an fyi 

it is a card on the amex network,. its not an actual amex and wont backdate if you get a amex brand card 

also you may not take a hit for an inquiry but you will for another account, as it reports as totally new accont.

if you shop there alot it might be worth it. but if not wait till later.

ive had my macys card for about 3 years now and havent upgraded too the amex even though im sure ill get it.

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 2 of 5
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

I wanted a Macys Amex but I don't shop there enough to bother getting one.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 3 of 5
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Before deciding to app in hopes of getting an upgrade, what were the reasons for the PRG denial?
Message 4 of 5
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

I'm wating for the denial letter to arrive. But I'm assuming it's my overall EX score which is a 645 right now (which has slowly gone up over the last month). And maybe the public records. From what I've heard Macy's AMEX won't accept a score of less than 700, and I'm assuming regular AMEX might be the same way. That's why I was going to try regular Macy's first, then see about an upgrade later when and IF my EX score ever hits 700. Like the prev. poster said- SP for approval-but 2 new accts. Too bad they don't pull TU b/c I'm already at 700 with them. I actually had Macy's about 20 or so yrs. ago but it's long gone from my reports-but I did pay it in full. My limit wasn't that high back then.

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.