Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macy's Reporting

tag
Finance805
Valued Member

Macy's Reporting

Was hoping to get an understanding of what is happening with my Macy's card.  I got a Macy's card a few months ago and have timed my statement date to be the 2nd of each month. 

This month I had a balance of $300ish which I paid on the 28th.  On the 29th I get a notice from my Equifax account that a balance amount has increased, a balance percent has increased, and that my score has changed (dropped a few points).  On the 30th I check my Macy's account and it has finally posted my payment.  As of today (the 1st) my statement hasn't posted so I am assuming it will be the 2nd (tomorrow).

Shouldn't cards report to CRA once the statement has posted?  First time I've seen a card post mid-statement.

Updated Scores (All Pulled 4/9/15) - FICO: Equifax-774 / FICO: Experian-736 / FICO: TransUnion-777
Starting Scores - FICO: Equifax-670 (Pulled 9/2/12) / FICO: Experian-656 (Pulled 10/26/11) / FICO: TransUnion-627 (Pulled 11/14/11)
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Macy's Reporting

There have been posts on here saying that Macy's was going to START posting to Experian, Equifax and Transunion either by the end of this year or, starting in January of 2012.  Maybe you will be one of the first to let everyone know if your account with Macy's reports to your CR this month. 

Message 2 of 8
KIPPIE12
Established Contributor

Your score took a slight decrease due to the fact that Macy's reports as a revolving department store tradeline, with no assigned credit limit.  Earlier in the summer they had advised me that they were reinstating hard limits on accounts by the end of this year.  It appears this isn't going to happen just yet, but have heard rumors that they are implementing a new system in progress.  Depending on the scoring model, if you carry a balance at cycle time, it will decrease your score by a few points.  I always know for certain my account cycles on the 4th of the month, and have no balance at that time reporting. You'll get those points back next month provided your balance is back at zero.

Current Score: EQ: 828, EX: 833, TU: 820 Citi TY Premier WEMC 46.5, (Since 1983)Discover 15.6k|BOA WMC 30.5k|Barclays Juniper Rewards 15k|Barclays Amex 20k| Cap One QS WMC 15K|Chase Freedom VS 19.3k|Citi Dividend WEMC 25k|FNBO 15.5k|CSP 22.1K|Chase Marriott 31.3k|Citi TYP 20K|Citi DP 16.5k|Macys 5k|Sams MasterCard 15k|Barclay Arrival Plus WEMC 18.7k|Chase IHG WMC 26k|Citi Double Cash 10k|Chase MileagePlus Explorer 14k|Amex Everyday 16.2|BBVA Amex 22.5k|Total Rewards VS 12.5k|SGV 10K|Venture 12k|BOA Virgin Atlantic WEMC 11.2K|MB Amex 9.5k
Message 3 of 8
Finance805
Valued Member

Sorry, I guess my question was confusing. My question was:  Is it weird that Macy reported my balance prior to my statement posting?  I know that my other Credit Cards report to the CRAs my statement balance.

Updated Scores (All Pulled 4/9/15) - FICO: Equifax-774 / FICO: Experian-736 / FICO: TransUnion-777
Starting Scores - FICO: Equifax-670 (Pulled 9/2/12) / FICO: Experian-656 (Pulled 10/26/11) / FICO: TransUnion-627 (Pulled 11/14/11)
Message 4 of 8
butterflyblu
New Contributor

My Macy's card is all of 2 weeks old and I got a notice from Experian of some change on my credit report, so I logged into it  and Macys is reporting and my score jumped up. Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 8
MrShush
Valued Contributor

@Finance805 wrote:

Sorry, I guess my question was confusing. My question was:  Is it weird that Macy reported my balance prior to my statement posting?  I know that my other Credit Cards report to the CRAs my statement balance.

That's why I stopped using that card. Every time I made a purchase they reported it the next day. I haven't used that card in well over a year. Statement cut btween the 2nd and 5th; make a purchase mid-cycle and the next day I'd get a Score Watch informing me of the balance. Not cool.

Message 6 of 8
lakerfan2011
Regular Contributor

this is why i after i opened the macys card i got rid of it i dont like not having a hard limit on my stuff and i got them to take the whole thing off the credit report i dont want to conduct buisness in that way

Message 7 of 8
prolificjinx23
Frequent Contributor

Butterflyblu, 

So what you're saying is you've had your card for 2 weeks & they're reporting? What exactly are they reporting? Have you used your card because I've had my card for @ 3 months & it hasn't reported ANYTHING at all but then again I haven't used it.....

Starting Scores: EQ 447 (01/02/2017), TU 476 (01/02/2017), EX 456 (01/02/2017)
Current Scores: FICO 08's as of 12/12/2019: EQ 584, TU 702, EX 631
Goal Scores: ABOVE 800 ALL 3
Current Cards: CapOne QS1 $500, Walmart SC $500, Discover It $750, Amazon Prime SC $900, CareCredit $2,000, NFCU CashRewards $10,000 and NOT APPING until 04/2020....

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.