cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macy's Store/Amex CLI Before 6 Months?

tag
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

Re: Macy's Store/Amex CLI Before 6 Months?

and why if your score is of 700 OR 704 with a credit limit of $300 on current macys store card and everyhting eles is running fine would the small CL not allow for it to be upgrade/converted into an AMEX? Also it was opened April 2012 so its been a year already. 

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 11 of 18
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest wrote:

Also who did they pull and what was the credit score of that bureau?? Thanks!!

They pull EX usually 99% only and sometimes grab another. I would not do it if you are under a 700.

Correct it was Experian. The score was around 730-740.

It;s not really an upgrade because it is classified as a new account to Macy's and on the credit bueau. They don't take into consideration how long you've had a store card when applying for the American Express version.

Message 12 of 18
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

and why if your score is of 700 OR 704 with a credit limit of $300 on current macys store card and everyhting eles is running fine would the small CL not allow for it to be upgrade/converted into an AMEX? Also it was opened April 2012 so its been a year already. 

I would ask why you have a $300 store card limit.  I would not spend the INQ for the Amex until you get a decent store card limit and that usually means being VERY Proactive in CLI requests.  You have to trust that it SHOULD be a SP and request EVERY 3 months and if they ask how much, ask for double, triple, anything you want... if they ask why, say because!

When we had $5k store I asked for $7500 and she asked why since I owed nothing and I said because... when she came back she almost seemed ashamed she said, "Actually the system says you can have $10,000, would you like that?"

other times I have not been asked and got small increases, or soemtimes I have then said that's not enough and have gotten increases increased... but this was 2008, 2009 so maybe little different.

but for sure still be requesting... I would not ask for amex with tiny store limit and really what's point? the amex isn't very good especially if you are not a big Macy's shopper... the rewards are tied into the store shopping you do and don't really get good until you are Elite. (I mean this very nice. my partner just got it and I have to say I dislike it much without elite.)

Message 13 of 18
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

lmbo my mom has ELITE and yes the card it self is very attractive and I just picture the AMEX logo on there and WOW I would be showin it off hahha, And yes I like your advice we have to trust that it will be SP, Its been a year since open and still its at $300 but maybe once she request a cli maybe it will be a BIG cli(not getting hopes up but hopefully its a big one lol) What do you think is the minimum CL to have on store card so upgrade process can begin?? Thanks a lot for your advice Creditaddict really got me thinking Smiley Happy

P.S WE ARE MACYS SHOPAHOLICS!! Smiley Happy Its crazy

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Message 14 of 18
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

lmbo my mom has ELITE and yes the card it self is very attractive and I just picture the AMEX logo on there and WOW I would be showin it off hahha, And yes I like your advice we have to trust that it will be SP, Its been a year since open and still its at $300 but maybe once she request a cli maybe it will be a BIG cli(not getting hopes up but hopefully its a big one lol) What do you think is the minimum CL to have on store card so upgrade process can begin?? Thanks a lot for your advice Creditaddict really got me thinking Smiley Happy

P.S WE ARE MACYS SHOPAHOLICS!! Smiley Happy Its crazy

Okay so again we are back in 2009ish I had a friend that had just a red Macy's and had about a $1300 or $1600 limit and had never really requested and he requested upgrade to Visa and few weeks later got $6k Visa in mail!

so I guess you don't have to have higher limit and I can't believe that you have Elite and $300 limit! she needs to call NOW and if they just put it in without you saying what you want let it see what it kicks back... if it doesn't give you over $1k I would ask for MORE! They CAN get you more, it might take manager, I don't know who or what.... but they CAN increase higher! and you might hear more than once that it could or would cost you HP and it WONT and if it does it's WRONG! and really if you get a good increase, then it's time to request the amex NOW and then maybe they just use same INQ.

Message 15 of 18
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

oh no my mom has her ELITE card with a $3,300 CL the one wanting an upgrade is my sister that has her Red Macys card with a $300 CL. Thanks for the advice!!!! Helps alot for now she will pay all her balances that are less than $1k and only leave her big balance of $2000 which has a CLo f $3000 which will make her UTL about 10%. I will update once she gets the cli and then new amex acct. Thanks again @creditaddict and @navigatethis

Message 16 of 18
EmpressLuv
Contributor

I had a $300 limit for like a year...used it paid it then stopped using it...then one day got my statement and it was auto increased to $2000....i have been denied for 2 CLI since then...i am about to pay them off and not use it to see if that would give me an increase...

It is funny that the same day they denied me Walmart increased my card double. 

My Wallet: AMEX Gold NPSL, AMEX BCE 1K, Express 1350, Victoria Secret 2250, Macy's 2000, Kay's 7600, Capital One 1400, Capital One 4000, Quicksilver One 3500; Quicksilver 3000; QVC 3500, Walmart 6000, Pier 1 1250, Kohl's 1500, JCrew 1550, JCPenny 3600, Discover 1500, Lowes 12000, Amazon 2400

Lender Pull: 2/16/13 TU: 672 EX: 681 EQ: 671
Current Scores: 2/6/15: TU 696 EX: 679 EQ: 658
Goal Score: 700
Message 17 of 18
Vasmi

Have had my Macy's Amex for one month with 3000 cl and put about 4500 total and paid in full and today I called to ask for Cli they asked how much I wanted I said 2000 more she asked all the income questions and I got it approved now I have 5000 cl all after one month. All my Fico are above 700
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.