Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macy's Store Card upgrade to AMEX

tag
combatmedic2107
New Contributor

Macy's Store Card upgrade to AMEX

Does the store card upgrade to the AMEX keep the same credit limit.  I have a upgrade option.  My store card is 25k, If I upgraded to the AMEX would it still be 25k?

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Macy's Store Card upgrade to AMEX

While their have been a "few" threads about people losing some CL, the most and overwhelming majority of threads state no CL was lost in the process.  Their are likely disclaimers on the offer that should confirm that.  Good luck if you proceed..

Message 2 of 10
lgtwriter
Frequent Contributor

I didn't lose any of my credit limit when I upgraded a couple of weeks ago.

Message 3 of 10
alexgold9393
New Contributor

I upgraded mine and the $25k limit stayed the same. Good Luck

Open Accounts:

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

When I upgraded mine last week, I keet my $25k limit as well. Congrats on your upgrade.

Message 5 of 10
Naomi_y1
Established Member

I received the Amex upgrade offer 4 days ago. I accepted in store. My online account now shows the new card image with Amex logo. My credit limit is the same.

Update: 9/3/21 My Macy's Amex has been reported to Tansunion with the same CL of $11,000.

Message 6 of 10
combatmedic2107
New Contributor

Was it a HP or SP

Message 7 of 10
combatmedic2107
New Contributor

Macy's Store Card upgrade to AMEX Question

If i accept, is this a Sp or Hp..   I know that they cancel the one and add the AMEX.   I am approved for a home loan and do not want another inquiry.  Trading trade lines is no big deal

Message 8 of 10
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Macy's Store Card upgrade to AMEX Question

@combatmedic2107 wrote:

If i accept, is this a Sp or Hp..   I know that they cancel the one and add the AMEX.   I am approved for a home loan and do not want another inquiry.  Trading trade lines is no big deal

There is no HP (or even SP) for accepting the offer. DSNB already determined the criteria for your Macy's AmEx upgrade so you're good to go. The account history is carried over/preserved so the upgrade would not result in a new account.

Message 9 of 10
Naomi_y1
Established Member

Definitely was not a hard pull. 

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.