Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macy's - The New Soup naz!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Macy's - The New Soup naz!

I called home and asked the DW to call Macy's again. Once again they told her no go on the GLI. But since she has asked, they will upgrade her in the system and at the registers to platinum status but they won't actually send out a platinum card until November. At least she will be eligible for gift rewards certificates, or whatever you all get from them at that level.

I told her to laugh it off, I bet she is the only Platinum card holder with a $100 limit! I think its funny.  

Message 11 of 33
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

you could always go in and apply for a joint account with you and her and hope you get away from this $100 black hole they seem to have locked you in.
Message 12 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

My DW has better credit than me, if anything adding my name to an acount would probably lower her limit. LMAO!

Message 13 of 33
tray
Valued Contributor

Hi, I just read your recent thread and I am just shaking my head they mentioned your wife has too wait until NOVEMBER for a platinium card, I recieved my platinum status card from a red card in November only six months of having a Macy's account and I did not have too wait, my card came in the mail a little over a week later.  I am thinking is it this downhill economy and Macy's are making changes that noone knows about.  I think maybe there needs to be an alert out there about Macy's.  Hang in there.

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 14 of 33
armywifey85
Regular Contributor

Welcome to the credit crunch Macys is part of Citi and they are being very tight right now....I got really good GLI's like 3 months ago not anymore they are very tight right now...I started with 200 less than a yr ago and now im at 3600. I hope I don't get CLD geez....

Message 15 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@tray wrote:
Hi, I just read your recent thread and I am just shaking my head they mentioned your wife has too wait until NOVEMBER for a platinium card,

Yes, they said every year (on the cardholders anniversary) is when they send out the new card based on her spending for the year. My DW got her card in November, and won't get her new card in the mail until this November. They did say though that her receipts and her website will show her current status so she will get the Platinum benefits.

I think armywifey might be right, it just clicked that Macy's is being handled by Citi and Citi right now is close to being the next WAMU.

I told my wife that maybe we will try for the Elite status just so we can use that VIP room and when its time to check out, put everything back except one small item. Sorry thats my limit. LOL! I bet that would make the sales people happy. Smiley Wink

Message 16 of 33
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

ERRR... VIP ROOM???? Come again please???
Message 17 of 33
armywifey85
Regular Contributor

They gotta VIP room ??? sheesh they never show me that room!
Message 18 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

The Macy's my wife and I shop at has a VIP room for Elite level cardholders. This is not a joke. It even says so on the door. VIP-PRIVATE 

These snobby Beverly Hills type women go in there all the time, and the salesgirls run back and forth from the racks to bring them clothes. It has beverages (bottled water, tea, coffee etc.), they can bring their dogs in with them, honestly looks first class, comfortable couches, full sized dressing rooms. (I peeked in the window once)

The sales girl said that room is reserved for Elite card status clients.

Ironically, being the smart donkey that I am, I am going to insist to my wife (and I am sure she won't complain) that we strive for Elite card status just to see the look when we tell them to put everything back except for 100 dollars worth. Smiley Wink

Message 19 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@armywifey85 wrote:
They gotta VIP room ??? sheesh they never show me that room!

I am sure not all Macy's have this room, but the ones her in So Cal at the snobby malls do. Next time we go I will try to get a photo with my cell phone. (Can I post a photo on MyFICO?)

Message 20 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.