Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macy's Visa GLI

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Macy's Visa GLI

Called today because I thought I was close to the 6 month they told me Visa now requires for increases.

Turns out I was only at month 4, but they had already increased it on Aug 1 on there own!!

from 10k = now 12k

I also currently have a balance of 9k, so even high util does not seem to effect GLI with Macy's... I LOVE THEM! 

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Re: Macy's Visa GLI

Congrats on your CLI...
Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratz!  Always nice to call and get suprises you didn't even realize were there Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 14
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

You have a guideline and a credit line with this card. Did they auto increase the Visa CL or the Macy's GL? What are they both?
Message 4 of 14
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I just got the GLI on the Macy's store card in Aug for $700 up to $5700.

Aug 1, they auto increased the Visa by $2k from 10k-12k

then I also have a major purchase/Furniture account for $3600 which they said any time I wanted more furniture they would increase it 

then there is a 4th Major purchase account that sits with no balance and no CL, but can be opened for any large purchase you want to not put on your store card, not sure what the point would be unless your store card was at it's max? 

Message 5 of 14
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

I just got the GLI on the Macy's store card in Aug for $700 up to $5700.

Aug 1, they auto increased the Visa by $2k from 10k-12k

then I also have a major purchase/Furniture account for $3600 which they said any time I wanted more furniture they would increase it 

then there is a 4th Major purchase account that sits with no balance and no CL, but can be opened for any large purchase you want to not put on your store card, not sure what the point would be unless your store card was at it's max? 

Possibly promo APR's and not tying up you GL with a large purchase like jewelry.

I actually have a Macy's Visa of very recent vintage and am heartened to hear of an auto-increase. A little bump from them would be nice. I think wmarat had a bump on his Visa but he asked for it if I remember correctly.

I hope you are not carrying too much of a balance on the Store or Visa accounts. Those APR's are nasty.

Message 6 of 14
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I normally ask every 3 months, but was told the store is still every 3 months, but the visa is now 6 months, but they ended up increasing it at 4, so whatever.

but don't be afraid to call and ask, I put it in my calendar on my cell to call like clockwork.

I paid my store card off last week! YAY

The visa is in my debt snowball, but it's like #3 to get attacked in the list, so it is what it is. 16.9, not pretty but not real ugly! 

Message 7 of 14
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

You have a better rate than I do. I think they will lower my rate and it sounds like increase the CL after a while. (Like within 6 months.or so.) Getting the Macy's Visa invite was a great deal. Where else are you gonna get a nice CL on a new TL w/o an INQ?
Message 8 of 14
YoungEntrepeneur
Established Contributor

I have had a Macy's store card for about a year and 9 months with a current CL of $5,300. What do I need to do in order to qualify for the Visa? Should I call and ask to see if I'm eligible for the upgrade?
Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

DH app'd for store card and received Visa less than a month ago at $1,200.  He called and asked for an instant CLI.  Was rejected and told to wait 3 months.  However, his Visa now reports at $1,500.  How can we tell what his store card limit is?  Online, it shows his Visa limit, but not his or my store card limit.  And on our mortgage pull, it appears as two accounts, when we pull EQ it appears as one.  I'm a little confused on this one.
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.