Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macy's Visa, SUPER Sensitive to fraud blocks

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Macy's Visa, SUPER Sensitive to fraud blocks

was on a business trip this past weekend and was planning on using the Macy's visa the whole trip, I admit that I did forget to call to tell them I was traveling... after 2 purchases account blocked and on sunday they have no reps in fraud to unblock accounts. Monday morning call and get it unblocked, make 1 purchase and then blocked agian, call again and get it unblocked, start to travel home and get to airport at first layover and card declined for my $7 dinner, called Macy's again and it is blocked once again because I'm in a different state, unblocked once again, so get on my next fly and get home, go to pay for parking garage and declined agian.. yes card was BLOCKED AGAIN!!

wait till next day to call because it was late and rep unblocked it again but says if you leave your area and state you HAVE to call or account will be blocked. large charges will also get it blocked.

So I'm going to call next time and give all states, cities, zips I will be in, but if it gets blocked again they will loose me for a customer, there is nothing worse than a bank giving you a credit line but not allowing you to make use of your credit line... I had to resort to my business amex the whole trip which is fine, but was hoping for a little revolving time

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Macy's Visa, SUPER Sensitive to fraud blocks

I am sorry to hear that credit. I wonder if it would have worked if you only used it in Macy's in different states and zipcodes Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 4
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

yes because they can see your ID and call on the spot.

the other thing that irritated me is it wasn't denying for authorization like most credit cards in fraud... it was flat out denied each and everytime, so merchants couldn't even do anything. 

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes and while large purchases are understandable.....a 7 dollar dinner is hardly a high risk to them. I mean who steals a credit card number and thinks "yes! I can finally buy that 7 dollar dinner I have been wanting"
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.