Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macy's and dillards

tag
albinotiger
Established Member

Macy's and dillards

So I have zero balances on these cards.. when they started posting available credit last month I see for the first time I have $1500 and 2500 available credit.. this is great.. but I just noticed that credit karma says my available credit dropped to $100 each card now..has anyone have that happened to them?... nothing changed in my report other than that.. my tuwally is 656... why do you think that happened?... should i call them?.. i dont want a hard pulll for them to recon with..
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Re: Macy's and dillards

CK is sometimes wrong. So long as your limits and everything are the same, it should be fine. Did you check a real report as opposed to CK?

CK says my student loan balances drop all the time, said they dropped 437$ the other day and that never happened so I'm not sure what is going on with that. 

Message 2 of 17
SwampSystems
Frequent Contributor

@albinotiger wrote:
So I have zero balances on these cards.. when they started posting available credit last month I see for the first time I have $1500 and 2500 available credit.. this is great.. but I just noticed that credit karma says my available credit dropped to $100 each card now..has anyone have that happened to them?... nothing changed in my report other than that.. my tuwally is 656... why do you think that happened?... should i call them?.. i dont want a hard pulll for them to recon with..

DSNB will drop your limit to $100 if you stop using your card for a long time. You may be able to get your limit reinstated if you call them back.

Message 3 of 17
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Oh, I misread that whole post Smiley Tongue 

I thought you said the limit dropped BY $100 and only on CK Smiley Tongue 

Sorry

Message 4 of 17
albinotiger
Established Member

Thats what they said happened...its actually macys and bloomys , not dillards. i had not used the cards for over a year.. they say it is a hard pull from esperian and transunion.. i dont need the cards but i liked the availible credit ..oh well.. anyway they also told me they dont do auto cli anymore,because of the " credit card act".....
Message 5 of 17
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

@albinotiger wrote:
Thats what they said happened...its actually macys and bloomys , not dillards. i had not used the cards for over a year.. they say it is a hard pull from esperian and transunion.. i dont need the cards but i liked the availible credit ..oh well.. anyway they also told me they dont do auto cli anymore,because of the " credit card act".....

thats bull. 

i got a cli from 2k to 3500 on a soft pull in july. for macys. 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 6 of 17
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@creditnocash wrote:

@albinotiger wrote:

thats bull. 

i got a cli from 2k to 3500 on a soft pull in july. for macys. 

Most CSRs have no idea what they're talking about, and also don't know that people from myfico actually DO know what they're talking about. They hope if they throw something out that isn't common knowledge the customer will just take it and go away. 

Message 7 of 17
snowkitty
Established Contributor

I understand your not using your cards but I don't understand why they would take your limit away. Would that have been prevented if you would have spent a small amount every few months? I'm trying to learn all this stuff...lol
TU Fico 714 | Sesame 742 | Credit Karma 762 | Wal-Mart FICO 734 | EX FICO 695 (1/28/13) | EQ 740 (3-21-13)

Amex Blue Sky 7.2k | Amex BCE 13.1k | Citi Diamond Preferred 10.2k | CSP 5k | Bofa Cash 9k | Boa Travel 10k | Discover More 3k | Chase SW 5k | Wal-Mart 3.3k | Amazon 5k | Old Navy Visa 5k | Shell 1200 | BP 400 | VS 1500 | Sam's Discover 8.5k | FNBO Amex 16k | Chase Freedom 1.3k | Home Depot 5k | Brylane Homes 1600 | BML 2820

App free since 12/11/13*
Message 8 of 17
albinotiger
Established Member

Well ..Im a pretty determined person.. i ask them 6 differant ways to get a soft pull and the person kept checking with the supervisor to confirm they are hard pulls on both. i dont want the hps..how should i approach this from a call them back again stand point..
Message 9 of 17
snowkitty
Established Contributor

I'm new to this so it's alittle over my head but if you used both cards for a small amount, would that maybe get it back going?
TU Fico 714 | Sesame 742 | Credit Karma 762 | Wal-Mart FICO 734 | EX FICO 695 (1/28/13) | EQ 740 (3-21-13)

Amex Blue Sky 7.2k | Amex BCE 13.1k | Citi Diamond Preferred 10.2k | CSP 5k | Bofa Cash 9k | Boa Travel 10k | Discover More 3k | Chase SW 5k | Wal-Mart 3.3k | Amazon 5k | Old Navy Visa 5k | Shell 1200 | BP 400 | VS 1500 | Sam's Discover 8.5k | FNBO Amex 16k | Chase Freedom 1.3k | Home Depot 5k | Brylane Homes 1600 | BML 2820

App free since 12/11/13*
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.