Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macy's changing to amex

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Macy's changing to amex

Just found out Macy's is changing my visa card to an american express.  This card is both a store card and a regular visa.  Of course my acct # will change and the visa will be canceled.  How will this affect me and my score?  I really don't need an amex but will probably keep it.  Does this show up like I've canceled the card?  Does it show up somewhere that it was done by the company and not me?  Does it look like I've opened new credit?  This isn't  the first time my cc companies make decisions for me.  Don't like my score being messed with.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Macy's changing to amex

should not effect your credit. I would imagine the amex will report as opened when you opened your visa

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Macy's changing to amex

I also heard that the history and everything should remain, just the account number(s) change(s). I guess the effect would be similar to getting a replacement card for a compromised credit card, where the issuer normally just replaces the number and keeps everything else the same. The issuer (Citi) will still be the same as before.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.