Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macy's interest charge fee

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Macy's interest charge fee

I paid off my Macy’s card about 3 weeks ago in full. Yesterday, I received a new statement and got interest charges which is $2.00? I contacted them about this and they said it was for interest before the account was paid off. I haven’t ordered anything from Macy’s since December. Can they do this by keep charging the interest fee even if I haven’t ordered anything from them?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

Re: Macy's interest charge fee

If you carry a balance then you will get charged interest until it is paid off regardless of whether or not you've made a purchase recently.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does Macy's still have a very short-to-no grace period? I know it was something ridiculously short when I worked for them about a decade ago. Maybe 14 days?

Message 3 of 5
UncleB
Credit Mentor

It's normal to have 'trailing interest' after you PIF if you've previously been carrying a balance. 

Once the this 'trailing interest' is paid you'll be back to where you can PIF each month with no further interest charges.

Message 4 of 5
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Most of the time, if call customer service, thy will credit you the final interest ding

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.