Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macy's question

tag
Tomgon1981
Frequent Contributor

Macy's question

I've had my Macy's store card for about 8 months now, does anyone know when I can expect a cli, and if it's a SP or HP is it a auto increase, or do I need to call CS and last question is how do they determine when you are eligible for a AMEX any help would be appreciated 

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Macy's question

@Tomgon1981 wrote:

I've had my Macy's store card for about 8 months now, does anyone know when I can expect a cli, and if it's a SP or HP is it a auto increase, or do I need to call CS and last question is how do they determine when you are eligible for a AMEX any help would be appreciated 

For the most part (in the high 90% anecdotal rate) most CLI requests are SP.  There are times when Macy's may also auto-cli depending on your account's history and other factors (i.e. your credit profile, etc).  You can also submit a request to see if you account is elegible to have the companion AMEX.  From what some have reported, the review is also SP, but others have also commented it could be HP.  To get their AMEX, just be sure your overall credit profile is relatively clean and your scores are decent.

Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Tomgon1981 wrote:

I got my Macys card on August 16, 2014.  I had noticed they did an AR soft pull on me a couple weeks ago so 3 days ago on October 18 I got on secure chat and asked for an increase, figuring they had a recent soft pull on file for me so there should be no HP. They doubled me from $600 to $1200. No HP. Can't help you with the AMEX question

Message 3 of 16
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I request every 3 months... they always say it will be a hp and it's ALWAYS been a SP!

I usually aim very high and they will counter.

Message 4 of 16
pip3man
Valued Contributor

Very ironic someone asked this question today because I was trying to get a CLI on my Macy's AMEX earlier in the day. They last AR me on EQ 09/26/2014. Currently have a $0 balance on revolving and $0 on the AMEX and I use this card HEAVILY (have pushed over $5k in combined purchase between Sept & Oct alone). I have a freeze on all 3 CRA now here's the kicker - they couldn't process my CLI request because of the freeze! He asked if he had my permission to pull my CR and I ok'ed it so I was very shocked when he told me they can't access a copy of my report and I had to unfreeze. I was thinking a block doesn't hinder a current creditor from pulling but I was dead wrong. The bottomline is if didn't have the freeze obviously they would have HP'd to process my CLI.

Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got my card around march around august i asked for a cli and it was a soft pull. By january ill ask another cli and for the amex version.

Message 6 of 16
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I can't answer why but when reports were frozen I was declined. When reports unlocked it's always sp and I always thought not only can current creditors access frozen reports but frozen reports are not suppose to effect sp's but it always seems to.!
Message 7 of 16
Kirmie2010
Established Contributor

I never asked for a CLI but got one when I called to confirm I was approved, 500 cli,  It was a SP. 

Message 8 of 16
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@Tomgon1981 wrote:

You're definitely overdue for asking for CLI.   You can either call or online chat to ask.   CLIs for Macy's are almost always SP.   As for the AMEX upgrade, you're eligible to request after 6 months.   I've heard the upgrade was HP, but I've also heard of some being able to upgrade on an SP.   

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 9 of 16
pokerpro
Frequent Contributor

I think their policies are a joke

CLI for me was a soft pull every time 

but I know of relatives that ended up with HP

how can you have such discrepancy

amex upgrade seems to be inconsistent as I am reading sunrise comments

BK7 Discharge: October 2004 Starting Score: 590 March 2018 EQ & EX & TU FICO Score: 846 & 847 & 850

Goal Score: 800+ across the board | Goals Hit: 3 Active Cards: 2

Gardening Since: October 2015 Garden Goal: Oct 2018

Wish List: | None

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.