Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macy's reinstated for the holidays

tag
sitfico
Established Member

Macy's reinstated for the holidays

Back in early 07 had some store cards go 90days late. Hadn't made it here yet so all I knew to do was bring them current and eat some interest to get 24 months of "pays as agreed" After some  cli's and coming here realized the accounts weren't closed just cld except Macy's it was closed. Wrote a couple of GW  got a no. Read about the reinstatement program, payed my remaining balance called the back door number denied. Waited on my letter recon denied. Read it would be a new account so figured no big deal.During my summer GW campaign noticed Macy's was reporting 0 and closed but updating monthly so I sent another GW again no.So its November Im getting an early start on my xmas shopping decide I can use the new account discount and apply in store."Oh I'm sorry it says you already have an account with us"Last week received my new card with old account no. member since 2001 and old login still works.It will be interesting to see what happens to the lates on the next update.Last dragon a pristine FIA cobranded Visa opened in 91 closed with a balance.

Starting Score: 662/642
Current Score: 685/676
Goal Score: 722/722

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
CreditDrama85
Established Contributor

Re: Macy's reinstated for the holidays

awesome. let us know how it ends up reporting im sure it will probably help your score.

Message 2 of 7
asanch12
Contributor

yeah that IS awesome.  i have been kicking the idea of reinstating my account for some time now. After reading your post i finally called today and my old account from '01 was reopened.  AWESOME!

Starting Score: 665
Current Score: 688
Goal Score: 720

Message 3 of 7
sitfico
Established Member

Thanks and congrats.

Message 4 of 7
irishchk23
Valued Member

My husband has a Macy's Visa card that I was an authorized user on and it was closed to due inactivity. They told me he would have to reapply for a new card. It's strange though because they report two separate trade lines and the Visa still shows that it updates. Did you end up with an inquiry when they reinstated? 
1/12/08 TU 577 EQ 633 EX 665
7/15/08 TU 591 EQ 655 EX 672
3/11/09 TU 660 EQ 647
11/10/09 TU 707 EQ 676
03/01/11 TU 697 EQ 682
Message 5 of 7
sitfico
Established Member

@irishchk23 wrote:
My husband has a Macy's Visa card that I was an authorized user on and it was closed to due inactivity. They told me he would have to reapply for a new card. It's strange though because they report two separate trade lines and the Visa still shows that it updates. Did you end up with an inquiry when they reinstated? 

Yes . Hard on EX but I thought I was applying for a new account at the time.

Message 6 of 7
asanch12
Contributor

i too had a hard inquiry.  im in California and they pulled TU.

Starting Score: 665
Current Score: 688
Goal Score: 720

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.