Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macy's

tag
jose06
Valued Member

Macy's

I've been reinstated after they closed my account 10 years. My opening limit is the balance I owed, which is $358. They also said I have to hold this limit for a year and show payments.
My question is, has any one been through this and recieved an increase with out waiting the whole year ?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
jmbfl
Valued Contributor

Re: Macy's

jose06 wrote:
I've been reinstated after they closed my account 10 years. My opening limit is the balance I owed, which is $358. They also said I have to hold this limit for a year and show payments.
My question is, has any one been through this and recieved an increase with out waiting the whole year ?

Very unlikely to happen. Just stick to the program, use the card/pay it, and they will be very nice to you. I came out of the program at $700 and am now at $3K. Make sure the CO'ed account is not reporting. If so ask them to remove it from your CBR's.

If you need to make a major purchase, like a mattress or carpeting that is separate credit you ask for in store. Otherwise you are going to have to make the $358 work for you for a year. You can make multiple payments per month through the website if you have to.

If you do not rehab your CO'ed account with Macys there is an alternative: a lifetime of no Macys card! Their memory for CO's and BK's in infinite!
Message 2 of 5
jose06
Valued Member

They did open the the account with a new number so I'll be on a look out for which account reports. The only thing that gets me upset is, some reps still tell me that I can try after 90's days, which might lead to potential decline. I would'nt even bother.
I already feel like i made a million payments already. Its been a month since reinstatement and I;m already at the platinum level.
Message 3 of 5
jmbfl
Valued Contributor

jose06 wrote:
They did open the the account with a new number so I'll be on a look out for which account reports. The only thing that gets me upset is, some reps still tell me that I can try after 90's days, which might lead to potential decline. I would'nt even bother.
I already feel like i made a million payments already. Its been a month since reinstatement and I'm already at the platinum level.

If this is the case and you can be patient they will love you and reward you. Don't do anything until at least the six month point. Then you call and ask for a guideline increase w/o a hard INQ. If the can do something they will. Macys will turn backflips for that kind of use!
Message 4 of 5
jose06
Valued Member

Thanks Jmbfl. I'll wait and see what happens.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.