Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macys Amex Upgrade

tag
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Macys Amex Upgrade

Many know of the recent upgrades from store to Amex for certain Macys card holders. I am one them. Just want to update the progress of this adventure. Just checked my Credit Karma and it seems sometime this past week, my Macys account has been removed completely from Tu and Eq. Now to see if it pops back up with new details ie new account or with same opening date etc. Interesting to say the least. Amazingly my TU went up 2 pointsSmiley Wink.
Message 1 of 32
31 REPLIES 31
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Macys Amex Upgrade

Lol, quickest updateSmiley Wink. Checking my Experience, my 25k Amex is now reporting as Amex/DSNB with original open date!. This is my unicorn card and the main reason i dont get cli 9n my DP or DC haha. Too much exposure but who cares . Ive achieve a raritySmiley Happy
Message 2 of 32
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Congrats. I had no idea about the 25k Amex lol the credit world hasn’t shunned you as much as you let on
Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 3 of 32
UpperNwGuy
Valued Contributor

The card itself may say Amex, but that's because it runs on the Amex payment network.  The card's issuer, Department Stores National Bank, is a subsidiary of Citi.  It's Citi who loves you, not Amex.

Daily Carry: PenFed Power Cash • NFCU Flagship • NFCU More Rewards • Chase Freedom
Sock Drawer: PenFed Promise • NFCU cashRewards • Chase Sapphire Preferred • Chase Freedom Unlimited • United Explorer • UNFCU Azure
Message 4 of 32
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

@UpperNwGuy wrote:

The card itself may say Amex, but that's because it runs on the Amex payment network.  The card's issuer, Department Stores National Bank, is a subsidiary of Citi.  It's Citi who loves you, not Amex.

That is beyond confusing lol 

Message 5 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pinkandgrey wrote:

@UpperNwGuy wrote:

Not really. 

Same deal as NFCU Amex, PenFed Amex, WF Amex, and any other card with an Amex logo not issued by American Express Centurion Bank - uses the Amex payment network but isn’t an Amex. 

Message 6 of 32
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

@pinkandgrey wrote:

@UpperNwGuy wrote:

Card is accepted at any places that accepts American Express.  DSNB (subsidiary of Citi) is the lender who backs the card.  Centurion Bank (aka Amex) has nothing to do with the card.  

Message 7 of 32
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

@Loquat wrote:

@pinkandgrey wrote:

@UpperNwGuy wrote:

Card is accepted at any places that accepts American Express.  DSNB (subsidiary of Citi) is the lender who backs the card.  Centurion Bank (aka Amex) has nothing to do with the card.  

Yeah I get it lol it’s just weird to say that your Citi card is an Amex or that your Amex is Citi

Message 8 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pinkandgrey wrote:

@Loquat wrote:

@pinkandgrey wrote:

@UpperNwGuy wrote:

Yeah I get it lol it’s just weird to say that your Citi card is an Amex or that your Amex is Citi

So just call it your Macy’s card. 

Outside of this site and others dedicated to credit, most people couldn’t even tell you what payment network their cards run on unless they have been rejected their payment method of choice before.  

Message 9 of 32
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

Sitting over here waiting for my 5.5 y/o Macy's card to upgrade---not gonna hold my breath though. Congrats AJC.

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 10 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.