Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macys Amex Upgrade

tag
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Macys Amex Upgrade

Oh you guys and gals! The ol' is it a real Amex debateSmiley Wink.

Nah , that isnt why its my unicorn. They gave me a limit more than i make lol. Yeah i know, Whatever happens i can always say i achieved it haha. .....

Wait, this Amex isnt sponsered by Discover??😁
Message 11 of 32
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Update #2, Tu now reshowing my former Macys store card as Amex/DSNB original opening dateSmiley Happy. Woo hooSmiley Happy
Message 12 of 32
RickNATL
Established Contributor

Oh, now they upgrade...I applied a little over a year ago thinking it was an upgrade and ended up with a new card and trade ljne....$50K exposure on both Macys and Macys Amex....hope they now allow u to collapse into one...lol
Message 13 of 32
UpperNwGuy
Valued Contributor

@pinkandgrey wrote:

@Loquat wrote:

@pinkandgrey wrote:

@UpperNwGuy wrote:

The card itself may say Amex, but that's because it runs on the Amex payment network.  The card's issuer, Department Stores National Bank, is a subsidiary of Citi.  It's Citi who loves you, not Amex.

That is beyond confusing lol 

Card is accepted at any places that accepts American Express.  DSNB (subsidiary of Citi) is the lender who backs the card.  Centurion Bank (aka Amex) has nothing to do with the card.  

Yeah I get it lol it’s just weird to say that your Citi card is an Amex or that your Amex is Citi

Not weird at all if you consider that Amex, unlike Visa and MasterCard, is both a payment network and a card issuer.  The other two are just payment networks and don't issue cards.

The light blue Amex logo in the lower right hand corner of the card indicates only that the card uses the Amex payment network.  The words American Express at the top of the card indicate that Amex issued the card.

Daily Carry: PenFed Power Cash • NFCU Flagship • NFCU More Rewards • Chase Freedom
Sock Drawer: PenFed Promise • NFCU cashRewards • Chase Sapphire Preferred • Chase Freedom Unlimited • United Explorer • UNFCU Azure
Message 14 of 32
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Hey yallSmiley Wink

Received my new Macys Amex todaySmiley Happy. I like it really stands out in shiny red and crisp blue Amex logo! It came with a $20 , 2000 point, mini sub lol by just using it anywhere else other than Macys after $150 spend. Not too bad. I wonder if i can buy @FinStar s Disco limit from him?Smiley Wink
Message 15 of 32
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Hey yallSmiley Wink

Received my new Macys Amex todaySmiley Happy. I like it really stands out in shiny red and crisp blue Amex logo! It came with a $20 , 2000 point, mini sub lol by just using it anywhere else other than Macys after $150 spend. Not too bad. I wonder if i can buy @FinStar s Disco limit from him?Smiley Wink

Well, @Jnbmom wanted some of that too so you can flip a coin LOL.  I'll be glad to share!  Smiley Wink

Message 16 of 32
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

@FinStar wrote:

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Hey yallSmiley Wink

Well, @Jnbmom wanted some of that too so you can flip a coin LOL.  I'll be glad to share!  Smiley Wink

I will take heads 

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 17 of 32
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

I call SPINSmiley Wink
Message 18 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats ajc on the 25k amex thats a big time limit
Message 19 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

sweet,, count your blessings Macy,s did not partner with Discover Smiley Very Happy

Message 20 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.