cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macys CL increasedddd due to backdoor numberss!!

tag
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

Macys CL increasedddd due to backdoor numberss!!

Not sure if this is the correct section to post this in but I'm just so excited I couldn't keep it in! I called one of the back door numbers for Macys credit cards and had my $100 CL increased to $1,000. Only took a five minute phone call and the CL increase was immediately reflected on my account. I've had the card since 2011 and in good standing. Glad to have a CL I can actually use.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Re: Macys CL increasedddd due to backdoor numberss!!

Congrats

Message 2 of 18
CruzImperial
Established Contributor

Very nice! I congrats!!!
Fico Scores: . Walmart TU 748 . Garden 8/19 2014 .

Cap One Journey 500 | Discover IT 500 | GE Home Design 5.6k | GE HHGREGG 5k | Amex Zync NPSL | Amex BCE 6k | Citi Forward 4.2k | Citi Dividend 3k | GE BrandsMart 1k | GE Lowes 8.5k | Discover Walmart 7.5k | Barclays Apple 2.5k | BoA CR 2.7k | CSP 7.2k | Platinum Prestige 5k | IT Chrome 4k | Slate 2.3k |
Message 3 of 18
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

That's a nice increase; congrats!!!

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 4 of 18
NikJ4
Established Contributor

I am not eligible for the CL increase but since I missed a payment because I made it 10 min after cut off time, I got hit with a late. The lady was nice enough to remove it. I will take that and RUN!!!! Woohoo!!!!

Message 5 of 18
NikJ4
Established Contributor

@maiden_girl wrote:

Not sure if this is the correct section to post this in but I'm just so excited I couldn't keep it in! I called one of the back door numbers for Macys credit cards and had my $100 CL increased to $1,000. Only took a five minute phone call and the CL increase was immediately reflected on my account. I've had the card since 2011 and in good standing. Glad to have a CL I can actually use.

Super Congrats!!!

Message 6 of 18
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

@NikJ4 wrote:

I am not eligible for the CL increase but since I missed a payment because I made it 10 min after cut off time, I got hit with a late. The lady was nice enough to remove it. I will take that and RUN!!!! Woohoo!!!!

Really?!! That sucks! I could have sworn they had a 5 day grace period...hmmm.

I was actually looking to upgrade to the AMEX card but the lady did a CL increase instead. I don't know which one was better! LOL!

Message 7 of 18
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

THANKS everyone!!! Smiley Very HappyD

Message 8 of 18
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

if it was a amex upgrade from what ive read its only branded and has no pull with amex. 

as for the cli congrats. 

i apped for my macys 2 months after i coapped for best buy and they gave me a 100$ limit. 

then after a year and a half of using it once or twice never carrying a balance they upped to 2000 auto cli last may and i asked for a cli in july to 3500 and they gave me instant approval not even a soft pull. 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 9 of 18
JustJen
Regular Contributor

Is it usually a soft? Definitely would like an increase but not at the expense of a hard pull!

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.