cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macys CL increasedddd due to backdoor numberss!!

tag
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

Re: Macys CL increasedddd due to backdoor numberss!!

not sure for sure ymmv but i used this article 

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Check-to-see-if-a-card-pull-Hard-or-Soft-when-requestin...

every card i had that i asked for a cli was soft pull. 

which was 

macys

kohls(says their not doing them)

best buy(hsbc but was denied because it was a co account and my mothers credit is in the low 600's this card is helping her out. although there is now a 500 balance)

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 11 of 18
Sparkz1920
Frequent Contributor

They slashed my limit. Started off with $200.000 then they raised to ut 450 and when i purchased something last christmas it was at 150.00

I think i might  have had a late or two, so cant complain. Just wont be shopping there anytime soon.

Starting Score: 601
Current Score: 670
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

NFCU Rewards- 8K......AMEX Delta Skymiles-5k.....Citi AAdvantage AMEX-3.5K...WalMart Discover-4K....Old Navy Visa-2k...BOA-3000...AMEX Green-NPSL....Discover More-1K
Message 12 of 18
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

Re: Macys CL increased due to backdoor numberss!!

I dunno if its a hard pull or a soft pull. I assume it was a hard pull. They had my info on file already and asked me to verify if my info was the same. Then she left and came back and told me it was approved for $1,000. I just hated the $100 limit b/c it looked horrible on my CR when I bought stuff with the card. Then I'd be over utilization buying something that's like 80 bucks on $100 CL.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 13 of 18
irving_magik
Regular Contributor

Hi everyone, a little off subject, but who backs the Macy's card? Is it a GE card?
Fico Scores: TU 700 (10/12/2016) EQ 729 (10/01/2016) EX 713 (10/01/16)

AMEX BCP $25,000 (opened 09/2012) - Citi TYP $12,000 (opened 12/2012) Chase Sapphire Preffered $6000 (opened 09/2012)
Message 14 of 18
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

@irving_magik wrote:
Hi everyone, a little off subject, but who backs the Macy's card? Is it a GE card?

Dpt Store National Bank (DSNB) I believe. It's listed in their policies.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 15 of 18
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@maiden_girl wrote:

@irving_magik wrote:

Dpt Store National Bank (DSNB) I believe. It's listed in their policies.

Yes DSNB and that is owned/backed what ever by Citi.

Macy's CLI have always been SOFT for me on store, Visa, Amex, Furniture, Mattress.

Message 16 of 18
NikJ4
Established Contributor

@maiden_girl wrote:

@NikJ4 wrote:

I am not eligible for the CL increase but since I missed a payment because I made it 10 min after cut off time, I got hit with a late. The lady was nice enough to remove it. I will take that and RUN!!!! Woohoo!!!!

Really?!! That sucks! I could have sworn they had a 5 day grace period...hmmm.

I was actually looking to upgrade to the AMEX card but the lady did a CL increase instead. I don't know which one was better! LOL!

Yes it did stink but glad its removed as a 1day late in their system. Ride it out and in 6 months go for the AMEX. 

Message 17 of 18
CS800
Super Contributor

Congrats !!

Time for me to call that backdoor since it's a SP.

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.