Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macys credit Limt

tag
NiNoMArksLA
Contributor

Macys credit Limt

Hey just wanted to know about my credit limts
My macys store card Limt been at $300 for 1 year never any cli never tryed cause its a HP
and my wal-mart never got a cli $400
I pay everymonth on time I pay over the min
I made off 2 cards but didn't show on report yet gotta wait Couple weeks I been buying down all my cards I haven't use them in a while 1-2 months I try to call the back number for wal-mart they said will send me a letter...

Mid August ill have all my cards paid off and my UTl% is at 70 right now but 2 cards paid off and couple other cards balance lower but didn't report by September ill have under 5% UTL and my score will go up

And wanted to add money on my Bofa Card but its a HP they said!! Was gonna make it $1,500 Limt .. It's at $300 now will that help
Getting Little Bitter Limts

Sorry for the long typing On iPhone
Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Macys credit Limt

Once you get your util down, CLI's should be an easier approval.
Message 2 of 31
Networth
Frequent Contributor

When I opened my Macy's card they gave me $700. I bought like $500 worth of stuff the day I got the card and paid it off over about 5 months. They have slowly given me small auto CLI's to a current limit of $1,500. I think the key is to just keep your util low and use the card and let is post every once in awhile. 

Chase Sapphire Reserve - American Express Blue Sky - Chase Freedom - - Chase Freedom Unlimited - BankAmericard Travel Rewards -

TU 813 EX 809 EQ 812
Message 3 of 31
randeman
Frequent Contributor

I agree that your utilization will play a big role here, but my recent experience with a CLI request only amounted to a soft pull.  I was asked how much of an increase I wanted.  The CSR came back with a significantly lower figure.  She said I might qualify for what I asked for originally but that it would result in a hard pull.  I went all chicken **** and took their offer.  I decided then and there that I didn't really want the hard pull, which may have been the right choice since I turned right around a couple of days later and was approved for two Chase cards with $5000 limits.  Might not have gotten it with a hard pull.  I didn't really need a CLI to the figure I asked for as I have never gotten anywhere near my limit, but I was just trying to see what I could get.  I use the hell out of my Macy's card and often carry over a balance.  The CSR told me that they will entertain CLI requests every three months.  I told her I would be back at Christmas.  Again, the limit I have is more than enough for me, I just want to see what I could get.

My advice, get down to 30% utilization (the maximum some people agree that you should be at) and give them a call.  Tell them you're looking to see what you can get with a soft pull and then take it from there.

Experian Score: 689--Amex 27 July 2014; Equifax Score 680--MyFICO--17 September 2014; TransUnion Score 718-Discover 20 August 2014--PUH-RAISE JESUS, I finally broke 700!!! Cards and Credit Lines: Escape by Discover, Chase Freedom Signature Visa, Chase United MileagePlus Explorer Signature Visa, Chase Sapphire Preferred Signature Visa, Barclay's Holland America Visa, Citibank Custom Credit Line, Paypal Custom Connect Credit Line, Bloomingdale's, Macy's Premier Elite, Amazon Store Card, Lord & Taylor, Nordstrom, Discover It, Gold Delta SkyMiles from American Express, PayPal BML.
Message 4 of 31
Petraeus
Contributor

+1 and dont be shy to ask for a little more CLI than you want. They will always counteroffer on a SP.

FICO® Avg: 732 (11/2013)
Notable CC: AMHFCU® PLATINUM MASTERCARD $25K | Chase Marriott Rewards SigVisa $12K | AmEX PRG NPSL | BoA Cash Rewards Signature® Visa $12K | AmEX BCE $9K | Citi Diamond Preferred $10K | Chase Freedom Signature Visa $5K | BoA Travel Rewards® Signature® Visa $5K
Current Overall CL: $139K | UTL: 18% | AAoA 3yrs | Gardening since 11/26/2013
Future CC: Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature®
Future CLI: AmEX BCE 2/2014 | Fico goal: 760+
Message 5 of 31
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Petraeus wrote:

+1 and dont be shy to ask for a little more CLI than you want. They will always counteroffer on a SP.

I have never seen Macy's be a HP for CLI on Store and Amex... They counter with SP instantly... The system pulls them at least every 3 months so it's just in the system waiting for you to request.

Message 6 of 31
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Petraeus wrote:

I have never seen Macy's be a HP for CLI on Store and Amex... They counter with SP instantly... The system pulls them at least every 3 months so it's just in the system waiting for you to request.

edit: to add they are telling you these days it will be a HP... I guess rare chance it could be but I have yet to see although im sure you wait long enough someone on here will be the one that they did.

Message 7 of 31
kroberts67
Established Contributor

I started with Macy's at $100 until i called to ask what was that about...  they said all I had to do was call and my actual CL was put at $800.  I thought this is me....  no one has ever given me that!  And from my worst CR at the time.  I used the heck out of it, especially at Xmas.  Paid on time, more than min pmt and treated it well.  Any time I asked for a CLI they told me it would be a HP so I didn't do it.  After the 6th statement (this past May) I got an auto CLI to $2500-- EX still was my worst CR so, ya got me!  Just my sweet experience with them.  Smiley Happy

FICO: EQ 814 | TU 847 | EX ? (Started in the low 500's... you can do it!)

Amex BCE $25000, Amex AP $20000, SFFCU Visa $15000 + LOC $5000, USAA Amex $6000, USAA MC $7000, Cap1 $9500, Freedom $12000, Slate $500, Barclays "RIP" SM $11500, USBank Cash+ $12500, Citi Diamond $11200, Citi Double Cash $12000, Care Credit $13500k.
My Credit Repair Journey
Message 8 of 31
b0ricua
Established Member

I called last week after having the card for 6 months at $700 and asked if it would be a SP..she said the system will warn her if its a HP and ask to continue..i said ok and she asked how much i wanted, i asked for $1500 and she said ok, well the system didnt ask for a HP and youve been approved for $1500..wish i wouldve asked for more Smiley Tongue $800 more and done through SP...had to call more than once because other people told me its not possible to do a CLI with a SP but finally talked to someone who assured me it can be done with a SP unless the system warns it will be a HP

NPSL          $11,500          $3,200           $1,500          $2,600
Message 9 of 31
wreith
Frequent Contributor

I am doing a secure chat with macys.  I was informed it would be a HP, I went ahead anyways.  I asked for a incease up to $300 from y current $1800, I was informed I was not eligible for that but could be raised to $2400 and increase of $600.  I said go ahead.  Will keep any eye out for any alerts and let you know if any pop up.

01/06/2015 Walmart TU 726
01/06/2015MyFico EQ 705
01/10/2014 USAA FAKO EX 728, EQ 728, TU 728
Discover It $1700, USAA Cash Rewards AMEX $11K, USAA Rewards Platinum MC $12K, CareCredit $13.2K, Chase Freedom $5000, Walmart $4500, Lowes $9800, QVC $1200, HSN $2350, Macys Red Star Store $2900, Paypal smart connect $4022, VS Angelcard $1200, Amazon Store $2500, BCE $4K, Sam's Club Discover $8500, Home Depot $7200, FNBO AMEX $7800
Message 10 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.