Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macys store card upgraded to AMEX?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Macys store card upgraded to AMEX?

Has anyone had their Macys card upgraded to the AMEX?

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
ficonightmare
Frequent Contributor

Re: Macys store card upgraded to AMEX?

Yep, a good friend of mine. Recently too.

Starting Score: 600s
Current Score: EQ 08 798 on 5/28/14, TU 792 on 5/27/4 via Barclay, EX 798 on 5/28/14
Goal Score: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you know if she initiated it or did Macys upgrade it?

Message 3 of 12
ficonightmare
Frequent Contributor

I got the impression it was an upgrade. Now I'm not sure? I'll find out though.

Starting Score: 600s
Current Score: EQ 08 798 on 5/28/14, TU 792 on 5/27/4 via Barclay, EX 798 on 5/28/14
Goal Score: 760

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank You

Message 5 of 12
Itsmeagain
Established Contributor

I don't see this as an upgrade, maybe even a downgrade. 

BTW, they re-graded mine without my consent.

No change in terms.

No change in CL.

Reduced utility - limited number of businesses that accept Amex.

OTOH, the card's kinda cute . . . Smiley Very Happy

Starting Score: TU 737 EQ 721
Current Score: TU 741 EQ 741
Goal Score: TU 765 EQ 760

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Itsmeagain wrote:

I don't see this as an upgrade, maybe even a downgrade. 

BTW, they re-graded mine without my consent.

No change in terms.

No change in CL.

Reduced utility - limited number of businesses that accept Amex.

OTOH, the card's kinda cute . . . Smiley Very Happy

You store card should not change by the Amex conversion. You just get a second tradeline with different CL and different conditions on the same card, plus the accompanying reduced AAoA.

Edit: On further consideration, you may have meant the change from Visa to Amex. That's not the topic of the thread, but would make more sense to me.

Message 7 of 12
dizzier
Established Contributor

You know, I was just on Macy's website checking my accounts etc, and I noticed all this stuff about AMEX and "New Card Benefits" and "Active Your Macy's AMEX." It even had a card agreement for the AMEX that was identical to my regular Macy's. So, I called them because a. I hadn't app'd for the AMEX and b. I damn sure wasn't interested in an AMEX at 24.5% Smiley Surprised . Anyway, two different reps told me that I did not have the AMEX card, but also could not explain why my online account seemed to indicate that I do indeed have the Macy's AMEX. Go figure...

Until Chase lowers my ridiculously high APR they can kiss my patootie! Their card has been retired to the sockdrawer. Smiley Mad
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@dizzier wrote:
You know, I was just on Macy's website checking my accounts etc, and I noticed all this stuff about AMEX and "New Card Benefits" and "Active Your Macy's AMEX." It even had a card agreement for the AMEX that was identical to my regular Macy's. So, I called them because a. I hadn't app'd for the AMEX and b. I damn sure wasn't interested in an AMEX at 24.5% Smiley Surprised . Anyway, two different reps told me that I did not have the AMEX card, but also could not explain why my online account seemed to indicate that I do indeed have the Macy's AMEX. Go figure...

Hi dizzier,

The hotlinks you're seeing on the Macy's website are standard.  They're visible to everyone - even if you're not logged on to your account.

So, just going to the Macy's website - without logging in - you'll see these hotlinks:

Macy's Credit Card
 New Card Perks 
 Apply for a Macy's Card 
 View My Credit Account 
 Pay Your Bill 
 Manage Your Credit Account 
 Activate Your Macy's Card 
 Activate Your Macy's American Express Card 
 Contact Credit Services 
 Credit Card Privacy Policy 
 Current Credit Card Agreements 

I can see where it might be confusing.  But all the links show and are not specific to each account or each account login.  They're available to the masses.  Of course, once you're logged in, you'll receive different info (i.e. when you "Access Your Account" or "Pay Your Bill").  But you'll still see all the links -- just like on the generic website.  For example, everyone who visits the site sees "Activate Your Macy's American Express Card".

You're safe!

And I'm with you, btw, not interested in that AmEx - just want to keep the store card (and wanna keep it PIF'd!  Smiley Wink).

Message 9 of 12
dizzier
Established Contributor

Ah ha! Now why could they just tell me that? Thanks for the clarification. I'll stop worrying. Smiley Happy

Until Chase lowers my ridiculously high APR they can kiss my patootie! Their card has been retired to the sockdrawer. Smiley Mad
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.