Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macys

tag
Boonie
Frequent Contributor

Re: Macys

When Macys changes their Visa cards over to AMEX around July, I would believe that those account holders will be dealing with no limit reported.  This may cause me to close my accounts and I had recently opened a Bloomingdales card.  Darn!

04/10/17 - FICO 8s - EX 769, EQ 710, TU 724
Message 61 of 92
Iincognito
Regular Contributor

Makes me not want to apply...

Message 62 of 92
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Just called Macys to see why it isn't reporting.  They said as of 2 weeks ago they have stopped reporting limits since its not a credit card.  They explained that since they can adjust the limit at any time they were told not to list the limits anymore.  WTF is that about.  I guess the only reason to keep the card is to get the discount coupons and just not charge onto it since it will show as you are using more than the credit that is available.  They aren't even showing what the high balance was.

Under the circumstances, it's probably best that they don't.

Message 63 of 92
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Boonie wrote:

When Macys changes their Visa cards over to AMEX around July, I would believe that those account holders will be dealing with no limit reported.  This may cause me to close my accounts and I had recently opened a Bloomingdales card.  Darn!

Maybe.  Maybe not.

Most bank-issued AmEx cards are credit cards and report limits.  Usually it is the AmEx charge card that doesn't, no?

Message 64 of 92
blacklotus
Regular Contributor

If I was still apping for a store card I would definitely app for the Macy's AMEX.  I mean wow what a prestigious co-branding...  This would definitely be a sweet looking card.

TU Fico 736 EQ Fico 730 (December 2012)
Message 65 of 92
Anonymous
Not applicable

@blacklotus wrote:

If I was still apping for a store card I would definitely app for the Macy's AMEX.  I mean wow what a prestigious co-branding...  This would definitely be a sweet looking card.

could be true.

I really didn't like the way Macy's Visa and Macy's store card reported for DH.  Kind of a mess - balances being double reported.  Yuk.  I liked my store card - not quite as enamored with it at the moment..  Now, I'm not thrilled with anything they're offering, except, of course, the coupons.

Message 66 of 92
TangMeister
Frequent Contributor

A Macy's employee, who's been quite helpful in the past, on another board just clarified what's happening and here's their post copied below.  If there's a problem posting this, then please remove (hopefully it's ok).  I just want to make sure others on this board know exactly what's happening (lots of speculation).  I've posted this in another Macy's thread as well:

Not reporting to the cra's is new policy. Has to do with legal difference of a guideline and a credit line. Bottom line without getting to much into it is from now on your limit and high balance will no longer show but your current balance will show. However, the balance is NOT figured into your overall util. You limit and high balance is now shown as 'Not Reported' and not $0. For those of you that are showing $0 it has to do with the 3rd party company or service you are using. If you get your reports directly from the cra's or even myfico is does show 'not reported', I've seen this on my personal report...

For those of you that were told your report will be updated with your limit... you were misinformed. They no longer even have the ability to do so and if for some reason it does go through to be updated it will be reset to 'not reported' the next time the auto update is sent in for your account.

Fyi, this was citi's decision. Not macys.....

Message 67 of 92
happy0510
Established Contributor

@TangMeister wrote:

A Macy's employee, who's been quite helpful in the past, on another board just clarified what's happening and here's their post copied below.  If there's a problem posting this, then please remove (hopefully it's ok).  I just want to make sure others on this board know exactly what's happening (lots of speculation).  I've posted this in another Macy's thread as well:

Not reporting to the cra's is new policy. Has to do with legal difference of a guideline and a credit line. Bottom line without getting to much into it is from now on your limit and high balance will no longer show but your current balance will show. However, the balance is NOT figured into your overall util. You limit and high balance is now shown as 'Not Reported' and not $0. For those of you that are showing $0 it has to do with the 3rd party company or service you are using. If you get your reports directly from the cra's or even myfico is does show 'not reported', I've seen this on my personal report...

For those of you that were told your report will be updated with your limit... you were misinformed. They no longer even have the ability to do so and if for some reason it does go through to be updated it will be reset to 'not reported' the next time the auto update is sent in for your account.

****SIGH****Smiley Happy

Now if I can get Kay's to raise my CL a bit...

Starting Score: 615
Current Score: 709
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 68 of 92
Anonymous
Not applicable

@TangMeister wrote:

Thank you for posting this, but I have a question about the statement in RED.  Can anyone confirm if that statement is true or not?  From my personal experience, when Macy's stopped reporting my CL, my utilization went up 4% causing a slight drop in my score.  Granted, I am using CCT to pull daily reports, but utilization is utilization right? 

Message 69 of 92
fused
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you for posting this, but I have a question about the statement in RED.  Can anyone confirm if that statement is true or not?  From my personal experience, when Macy's stopped reporting my CL, my utilization went up 4% causing a slight drop in my score.  Granted, I am using CCT to pull daily reports, but utilization is utilization right? 

In FICO scoring, if you have any revolving CC that is reporting a $0 CL (or its blank) and there is no high balance reporting (or its blank), the trade line will not factor in revolving util calculations. Also, it doesn't matter if this card is reporting any balance or a $0 balance. I hope this makes sense.Smiley Happy

Message 70 of 92
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.