Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macys

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Macys

Thank you Fused!  That makes complete sense.

thank you for your fast response!

Message 71 of 92
Anonymous
Not applicable

@fused wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you for posting this, but I have a question about the statement in RED.  Can anyone confirm if that statement is true or not?  From my personal experience, when Macy's stopped reporting my CL, my utilization went up 4% causing a slight drop in my score.  Granted, I am using CCT to pull daily reports, but utilization is utilization right? 

In FICO scoring, if you have any revolving CC that is reporting a $0 CL (or its blank) and there is no high balance reporting (or its blank), the trade line will not factor in revolving util calculations. Also, it doesn't matter if this card is reporting any balance or a $0 balance. I hope this makes sense.Smiley Happy

Makes perfect sense.  I'm sure in theory that is how it works.

Still, with Macy's there is something fishy going on.  Literally in a 24-hour period my scores dropped 8 points.  The only thing that happened was the credit limit from Macy's disappeared.

Message 72 of 92
fused
Moderator Emeritus

at 06!

Okay, so no CL is reporting. How about a high balance? Or is it just blank?

Message 73 of 92
Anonymous
Not applicable

@fused wrote:

at 06!

Okay, so no CL is reporting. How about a high balance? Or is it just blank?

At the point of the score drop I think (but not sure if I remember correctly) there was still a high balance.  Now there is no high balance.

But even if there were a high balance, that would have put my UTIL at something like 1.5% instead of 1.4%.  I think to FICO it looked like a card with a $10 balance and no limit looked like a maxed out card. 

Message 74 of 92
fused
Moderator Emeritus

I think your score went down because of changes in your overall (aka cumulative) util. 

Message 75 of 92
Anonymous
Not applicable

@fused wrote:

I think your score went down because of changes in your overall (aka cumulative) util. 

But going from an overall 1.4% to 1.5%? 

Message 76 of 92
fused
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@fused wrote:

Are you absolutely sure nothing else changed? If FICO was scoring your Macy's card as maxed-out, you would have lost a lot more than 8 points.

Message 77 of 92
Anonymous
Not applicable

@fused wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@fused wrote:

Are you absolutely sure nothing else changed? If FICO was scoring your Macy's card as maxed-out, you would have lost a lot more than 8 points.

Pretty sure nothing else.

I agree -- if it were seeing it as maxed out the damage would have been greater.

Another mystery!

Message 78 of 92
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Lets just hope stores, CCCs and banks don't start doing the same thing as Macy's. 

Message 79 of 92
Anonymous
Not applicable

@fused wrote:

Lets just hope stores, CCCs and banks don't start doing the same thing as Macy's. 

Well, it would sure as hades keep us all PIF'ing.

Message 80 of 92
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.