Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Magnises "credit card"

tag
MissCredit9
Frequent Contributor

Magnises "credit card"

I'm following up on a post I wrote ahwile back about an unusual credit card I saw while bartending in NYC. I sent an email back in October inquiring about info on this strange card and they just emailed me back with this link http://www.magnises.com/ and invited me to apply. The concept is a $40 per month for a "credit card" which is just a piece of metal with the magnetic strip of your own actual bank issued credit card, it's completely ridiculous. I just thought I would share this info with fellow myficoers for the sake of general knowledge.

AMEX PRG NPSL, FIDELITY REWARDS 50K, CHASE SAPPHIRE RESERVE 27K, AMEX DELTA SKYMIES GOLD 25K, CITI DIAMOND PREFERRED 22K, CHASE FREEDOM 20K, CITI DOUBLE CASH 15.5K, BARCLAYCARD REWARDS MASTERCARD 15K, CHASE MARRIOTT PREMIER 5K, CAPITAL ONE SONY CARD 5.75K, CAPITAL ONE QUICKSILVER 3.5K, AMAZON STORECARD 6K, VICTORIAS SECRET 2650, EXPRESS NEXT 1850,Gardening2/17/17.
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Simply827
Established Contributor

Re: Magnises "credit card"

So it's a card for tools and wannabes?

Let them pay for that privilege.

Starting Score: 515
Current Score: EQ08 711 EX08 731 TU08 735
Goal Score: 740+

Amex BCP $25k | Discover IT $15.7k | Cap 1 QS $10k | PSECU $10k | Citi DC $9300 | Citi DP $6800 | Barclay Ring $6500 | PayPal Extras MC $5045 | DCU $5000 | Chase Slate $5000 | Barclays AA $4100 | Chase Freedom $4000 | Union Plus $1000 | Target $500
Message 2 of 12
TravellingNomad
Established Contributor

wow $100 initiation fee + $40/month membership fee? no thanks, i'll pass. for a minute there i thought i was reading a rebuilder card's website Smiley LOL

@Simply827 wrote:

+1

Message 3 of 12
MissCredit9
Frequent Contributor

@Simply827 wrote:

Exactly......

AMEX PRG NPSL, FIDELITY REWARDS 50K, CHASE SAPPHIRE RESERVE 27K, AMEX DELTA SKYMIES GOLD 25K, CITI DIAMOND PREFERRED 22K, CHASE FREEDOM 20K, CITI DOUBLE CASH 15.5K, BARCLAYCARD REWARDS MASTERCARD 15K, CHASE MARRIOTT PREMIER 5K, CAPITAL ONE SONY CARD 5.75K, CAPITAL ONE QUICKSILVER 3.5K, AMAZON STORECARD 6K, VICTORIAS SECRET 2650, EXPRESS NEXT 1850,Gardening2/17/17.
Message 4 of 12
NonSufficientFunds
Frequent Contributor

I read about this vapor-ware product last month in the Times:
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/12/19/fashion/Black-Card-Magnises.html?_r=0

This looks like a pretty silly idea, but I am sure that there are some immature fools out there, who will gladly pay the exorbitant fees, in a vain attempt to look "cool" - not realizing that those who actually know the credit card market will be snickering at the sight of such goofy bling. 

Even the name of the product is idiotic, and should more appropriately be called "The Fop Card"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fop

Message 5 of 12
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

@MissCredit9 wrote:

I'm following up on a post I wrote ahwile back about an unusual credit card I saw while bartending in NYC. I sent an email back in October inquiring about info on this strange card and they just emailed me back with this link http://www.magnises.com/ and invited me to apply. The concept is a $40 per month for a "credit card" which is just a piece of metal with the magnetic strip of your own actual bank issued credit card, it's completely ridiculous. I just thought I would share this info with fellow myficoers for the sake of general knowledge.

Oh brother...lol. Is there truly a waiting list for this "card" as it implies on the website...lol? Any graphic artist can make you a phony card if that's all you want...maybe hang it on your neck to impress the ladies...hahaha!!!

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 6 of 12
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

@NonSufficientFunds wrote:

I read about this vapor-ware product last month in the Times:
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/12/19/fashion/Black-Card-Magnises.html?_r=0

This looks like a pretty silly idea, but I am sure that there are some immature fools out there, who will gladly pay the exorbitant fees, in a vain attempt to look "cool" - not realizing that those who actually know the credit card market will be snickering at the sight of such goofy bling. 

Even the name of the product is idiotic, and should more appropriately be called "The Fop Card"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fop

OMG you have to hang out and party with them in NYC before they decide whether or not to accept you? What a joke. Yeah, that not exactly a credit card is going to have a really, really big client base.

Message 7 of 12
chwebb1
Established Contributor

I'm not sure I understand the point of this other then to waste money? Who REALLY cares how their card looks as long as you can spend money with it, the company has good customer service, and low interest rates or good rewards?

photo NUS000000180_160X101_STRAIGHT.gif photo DISCOVER_IT_LG.gif photo card_1.png photo night-launch.png photo NUS000000012_160X101_STRAIGHT.gif photo bankamericard-better-balance-rewards-credit-card-small.png
$15000 ........... $12500 ............ $11750 ............ $10000 ........... $9400 ............ $5000 ............. $5000
In the Garden until at least November 2015
Message 8 of 12
NonSufficientFunds
Frequent Contributor

@chwebb1 wrote:

I'm not sure I understand the point of this other then to waste money? Who REALLY cares how their card looks as long as you can spend money with it, the company has good customer service, and low interest rates or good rewards?

Well, if you can dupe just 1% of the population into sending you some money, you will get rich.

As David Hannum said of P.T. Barnum and his customers: "There's a sucker born every minute".

Message 9 of 12
OnTheRebound
Established Contributor

@MissCredit9 wrote:

This is the craziest idea I ever heard of...well, one of the craziest.

On the other hand, I'm sure there are enough idiots around to make these guys wealthy.

Amex BCE $11.1 / Citi Diamond Preferred WMC $12K / Citi Double Cash WMC $3.8K / Comenity Total Rewards Visa $2.5K / Citi Home Depot $5K / AU- Amex BCP $12K / Chase Freedom Visa $11014.00 / PenFed Platinum Rewards Visa Signature $6K / GE Lowes $10K
myFico Scores on 10/03/2014
Eq 798 / Exp 811 / Trans 814
CCT Fico 08 on 1/3/16 - Trans 786 / Exp 793 / Eq 797
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.