Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Major Changes to AMEX Delta Cards

tag
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Re: Major Changes to AMEX Delta Cards

@Anonymous wrote:

Pic from the Reddit Amex group. 12 more days until the refresh cards and benefits take effect on 1/30/2020. The new card image is showing up in my Delta app. I actually like these more without the numbers and Amex logo on the front. What do you guys think of the new designs? 

Delta Amex 2020.png

I've been noticing the purple card sometimes in my Fly Delta app this week (seems to be randomly replacing the green Reserve) and wondered if they might finally be refreshing the card.  The cards have been in need of a refresh for some time, but I do hope that they'll continue to print the SkyMiles number on them as it's a handy reference.  Reserve has certainly been one of the least flashy of the $450+ cards.  If these are truly the new designs, then I will once again mourn the loss of the Starwood Preferred Guest Luxury card, because what a fine duo it would have made with that new Reserve.

Message 51 of 169
redpat
Senior Contributor

I still have green. I don’t want it to be changed to purple, Let SPG RIP.
Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 52 of 169
Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't hate the look, but then again it's not a vast improvement. The red Delta logo is what broke up the all gold look, also the blue AmEx logo seems to be missing as well. 

Not sure I really dig the all gold, looks a bit bland in that photo. Nothing that says "keep me" past 1/30. It's the changes to the actual benefits that really matter.

Message 53 of 169
redpat
Senior Contributor

It's official, new cards are coming out.  Reserve goes to SPG purple

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 54 of 169
Anonymous
Not applicable

@redpat wrote:

It's official, new cards are coming out.  Reserve goes to SPG purple

The legend of SPG lives on....Smiley Very Happy

Delta Amex 2020 purple.png

Message 55 of 169
I_Love_Cards
Regular Contributor

I loved my purple SPG but we were forced into that atrocious Bonvoy design. I put it off as long as I possibly could - until I got emails, letters, alerts that I had to activate the new card.

Now the SPG design is taunting me on the Reserve. Rude and hurtful, Amex.
Message 56 of 169
mkhan1093
Established Contributor

Super excited for this purple Reserve! Though I haven't seen any hint of it on the Amex or Delta websites and iOS apps. Is the Blue also going to look like that now?

Message 57 of 169
PointsBonus
Established Contributor

I have to admit, I am actually liking the new Platinum design. Not sure about the SPG Purple Relaunch with a Delta Logo.

Message 58 of 169
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

I have only seen the card in my Delta app, where it was randomly appearing last week.  It has been the usual green card the past few days.

E96F354F-5C61-4629-B7DE-1D1D251022D6.jpeg

Message 59 of 169
Anonymous
Not applicable

Same @K-in-Boston 

Message 60 of 169
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.