Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Major Changes to AMEX Delta Cards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Major Changes to AMEX Delta Cards

Are they metal? I’d kind of like a platinum but idk don’t really need it and I got a pop up for some reason on my last app regarding bonus. I haven’t really churned and burned. Maybe they were mad I cancelled my gold or delta gold at renewal and haven’t used my Hilton much lately. It’s up for renewal so I’ll renew and spend more. Maybe upgrade it.
Message 61 of 169
PointsBonus
Established Contributor

Good question! Hope it's metal

Message 62 of 169
Anonymous
Not applicable

I imagine the Delta Plat and Reserve will become metal cards. It would be weird to have a metal Delta Gold at 99 AF considering their Green at 150 AF is a plastic card.

Message 63 of 169
Anonymous
Not applicable

Rebranded Amex Delta Showing in Delta App?

I just noticed in my Delta app that my Amex Delta Gold is looking different. I know the card has new benefits starting Jan 30th 2020 but looks like a re-brand is also happening. That is sort of cool. Has anyone seen official images?

Message 64 of 169
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Rebranded Amex Delta Showing in Delta App?

Message 65 of 169
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've seen that and am aware of the changes. I was specifically referring to how the cards look and if that was changing.

Seems like it from the Delta app.
Message 66 of 169
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I've seen that and am aware of the changes. I was specifically referring to how the cards look and if that was changing.

Again, this thread discusses it. Starts on the link below

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Major-Changes-to-AMEX-Delta-Cards/m-p/5881140#M1693435

Message 67 of 169
Anonymous
Not applicable

Somewhere in there (I'm pretty sure it was thread anyway) were images of the new look of the cards, which is why I was linking it. And it does seem that they are going through with the changes.

Message 68 of 169
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

If you like the new look, you will probably be able to request a new card. If you like the old look, you can use your current card for a while longer.

I still had an SPG-branded card until about 6 months ago when Amex said they were going to deactivate it. Not out of nostaglia, just the result of confusion over multiple addresses, a lot of travel, and one Amex CSR probably being incompetent. No harm done, though.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 69 of 169
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

As pointed out by @Anonymous and @simplynoir, there is no need for a separate thread given that the main discussion on this primary thread already touches on some of the aesthetics and other forthcoming changes with the re-branding, hence the merged topics.   Further discussions on aesthetics will be moved to SmorgasBoard. 

Message 70 of 169
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.