Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Major Changes to AMEX Delta Cards

tag
MacRoadie
Contributor

Re: Major Changes to AMEX Delta Cards

And I understood the question. The charge just posted yesterday, so we shall see. It took 4 days for my sons PreCheck fee to credit, so we shall see. As I said above, if the airline charges directly, it’s a done deal. If a third party, then probably not because it’s based on your selected airline
And has to be coded as such.

FICO 8 (7/24/19) EX: 682, EQ: 701, TU: 700

FICO 8 (10/14/19) EX: 710, EQ: 711, TU: 709
Message 131 of 169
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

@K-in-Boston wrote:

I have about 20 minutes left for this impromptu Delta/SkyTeam Ask Me Anything session.  Smiley Tongue

Can I buy Delta socks for my $100 statement credit?

Don't ignore me @K-in-Boston ! I got 3 months to buy something Delta and I don't know what counts

Message 132 of 169
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

I have about 20 minutes left for this impromptu Delta/SkyTeam Ask Me Anything session.  Smiley Tongue

Don't ignore me @K-in-Boston ! I got 3 months to buy something Delta and I don't know what counts

😂 As far as I know, they don't sell the socks.  They were only sent to a select group of us in Boston and Nashville.  

For the $50/$100 statement credit for any purchase with Delta in the first 90 days, it's literally any purchase of any amount.  Buy an $8 drink in Main Cabin and get the full credit.  Or use it for a cheap same-day round-trip ticket and get a head start on accruing MQMs and MQDs for 2021 status.  eGift Certificates purchased on desktop used to work; not sure if they still do but I would think that they do if still charged by Delta.

Message 133 of 169
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

@K-in-Boston wrote:

😂 As far as I know, they don't sell the socks.  They were only sent to a select group of us in Boston and Nashville.  

For the $50/$100 statement credit for any purchase with Delta in the first 90 days, it's literally any purchase of any amount.  Buy an $8 drink in Main Cabin and get the full credit.  Or use it for a cheap same-day round-trip ticket and get a head start on accruing MQMs and MQDs for 2021 status.  eGift Certificates purchased on desktop used to work; not sure if they still do but I would think that they do if still charged by Delta.

OMAAT Oct  2019:

"What Qualifies For The Delta Amex Statement Credit

What are some practical ways to make a Delta purchase with your new Delta credit card, without actually buying a ticket?

• You can pay the taxes on an award ticket, as that starts at just $5.60
  • You can pay a checked bag fee or upgrade your seat
  • You can pay to boost your mileage earning on a trip
  • You can purchase a drink or snack onboard your next Delta flight
  • You can purchase a Delta SkyClub membership or day pass
  • If you have SkyClub access, you can buy a premium drink in the SkyClub

What Doesn’t Qualify For The Delta Amex Statement Credit

What wouldn’t qualify for the Delta Amex statement credit:

• Purchasing a Gogo wifi pass on a Delta flight, since that’s billed by Gogo and not Delta
  • Purchasing anything from the Delta Shop, since that’s not billed by Delta

It’s also worth noting that the terms state that buying a Delta gift card wouldn’t qualify, though anecdotally many report statement credits automatically being triggered for these purchases. So that’s something to be aware of, though not something to count on."

*I (wascb) got the credit by flying. I used an electronic gift card for most of the ticket cost and the Delta Platinum for the excess amount.

**The Delta Shop link above does sell at least four varieties of Delta socks...but they do not qualify for the credit.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 134 of 169
Anonymous
Not applicable

Received my replacement Delta Gold Card. Oh boy it’s a looker!

I can confirm, SkyMiles number is on the back of the card. It’s a very rigid plastic card. Very subtle metallic flake on this one. Very good Amex!
Message 135 of 169
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@wasCB14 wrote:

@K-in-Boston wrote:

@K-in-Boston wrote:

OMAAT Oct  2019:

"What Qualifies For The Delta Amex Statement Credit

What are some practical ways to make a Delta purchase with your new Delta credit card, without actually buying a ticket?

• You can pay the taxes on an award ticket, as that starts at just $5.60
  • You can pay a checked bag fee or upgrade your seat
  • You can pay to boost your mileage earning on a trip
  • You can purchase a drink or snack onboard your next Delta flight
  • You can purchase a Delta SkyClub membership or day pass
  • If you have SkyClub access, you can buy a premium drink in the SkyClub

What Doesn’t Qualify For The Delta Amex Statement Credit

What wouldn’t qualify for the Delta Amex statement credit:

• Purchasing a Gogo wifi pass on a Delta flight, since that’s billed by Gogo and not Delta
  • Purchasing anything from the Delta Shop, since that’s not billed by Delta

It’s also worth noting that the terms state that buying a Delta gift card wouldn’t qualify, though anecdotally many report statement credits automatically being triggered for these purchases. So that’s something to be aware of, though not something to count on."

*I (wascb) got the credit by flying. I used an electronic gift card for most of the ticket cost and the Delta Platinum for the excess amount.

**The Delta Shop link above does sell at least four varieties of Delta socks...but they do not qualify for the credit.

Thank you very much.

Message 136 of 169
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Oh look, @K-in-Boston the first item is socks.

PhotoGrid_1580486813532.jpg

Message 137 of 169
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Yeah, but money can't buy Delta love.  They only give that for free.  #DeltaMedallionLife

34A0200C-EA30-4A89-B591-F6FDBD41349D.jpeg

Message 138 of 169
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

Yeah, but money can't buy Delta love.  They only give that for free.

34A0200C-EA30-4A89-B591-F6FDBD41349D.jpeg

Whatever. Those don't even fit you. Probably some random ones they found in the kids section.

Message 139 of 169
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Actually it looks like money can buy those socks: https://ebay.us/MvsRPf

For the curious, one foot says Got and the other foot says Status?

Message 140 of 169
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.