Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Major Chase Freedom Revamp - Effective 9/15/20

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Major Chase Freedom Revamp - Effective 9/15/20

Hey Chase. Yeah hi buddy. If you could send me a prequal to get around 5/24 for your new card, that would be great. I would love to try your new card for you. 

Message 51 of 473
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@kilroy8 wrote:

@Andypanda wrote:

@Wavester64 wrote:

...now if they could get rid of their 5/24 rule I would be in for a Freedom Flex card Smiley Very Happy

I would love to see an end to 5/24 also, but highly doubt it will happen.

The 24 goes quicker than you think. I haven't had new card account  in over 27 months, and don't see myself being close to 5/24 ever again.

So, I guess what you're trying to say is that you haven't collected a SUB in over two years 

You still love me, right???

Say it!

Message 52 of 473
kilroy8
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Remedios wrote:

@kilroy8 wrote:

@Andypanda wrote:

@Wavester64 wrote:

...now if they could get rid of their 5/24 rule I would be in for a Freedom Flex card Smiley Very Happy

The 24 goes quicker than you think. I haven't had new card account  in over 27 months, and don't see myself being close to 5/24 ever again.

So, I guess what you're trying to say is that you haven't collected a SUB in over two years 

Say it!

Easy on me, please. It's been a rough day.

I ran out of bologna.

Message 53 of 473
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Doubt 5/24 is going anywhere. It's been around for years and is presumably working for Chase since they have only expanded it since they started it. 

It will be interesting to see what, if anything, happens to CSP/CSR now but it's probably a hard time for banks to try to revamp travel cards since nobody knows what "travel" will really consist of anytime soon or when it will be anything like normal. 

Message 54 of 473
FieryDance
Frequent Contributor

Hopefully Chase will not nerf points-pooling.  Because that would kill any positives out of this revamp.  

Message 55 of 473
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@kilroy8 wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

@kilroy8 wrote:

@Andypanda wrote:

@Wavester64 wrote:

Say it!

Easy on me, please. It's been a rough day.

I ran out of bologna.

I'm sorry about you BLD 

Message 56 of 473
Remedios
Credit Mentor

I'll think about doing a PC once US Bank denies me for Altitude Connect. 

Message 57 of 473
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Remedios "My daughter wants to make a dinner. I have no clue why she just doesn't feed me rat poison straight up.
It would go down easier than eating anything she cooks and I wouldn't have to pretend I'm liking it."

And just remember daughter of Remedios when you are reading this:  completely different person.   YOUR mother loved that you made an effort and didn't have to pretend to like it because it was delicious!   But still, keep the rat poison idea in reserve, you might need it.

Message 58 of 473
NRB525
Super Contributor

I have CF and CFU and CSR. It seems very likely to me that they end up severing the ability to transfer from CF and CFU to CSR, so I transferred all my points today. A parallel situation is the US Bank Altitude Go, which has a nice earn rate, and points do not transfer to Altitude Reserve.

It would seem also that they may raise the earning rate of the CSR to follow that $550 AF. Otherwise, it's really wierd having three cards than can earn 3 interchangeable UR points on dining. Unless one of those cards has transfer / redemption options not available to the other two cards to try to make the CSR points a bit more valuable. Meaning, separating the CF / CFU points from the CSR / CSP points ecosystem.

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 59 of 473
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

On frequentmiler there is an update (don't know how reliableSmiley Happy

Apparently, Chase is going to keep the Freedom card available for new applicants after all (doesn’t make sense to me, but that’s the word).

Which would make sense only if you wanted a Visa rather than an MC or if the categories are different and we somehow knew the difference (e.g. Freedom will sometimes get 5x supermarket, and FreedomFlex won't)

Message 60 of 473
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.