Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Make suggestions for me please

tag
audia4
Established Contributor

Re: Make suggestions for me please

@09Lexie wrote:
Yes. Ask if it would require a HP, if it does then you might as well ask for a CLI.

If they tell me it's another HP, I'll say forget it. That's the last thing I want right now. Smiley Sad

TU: 819 EQ: 821 EX 811

**$7500****$30,000*****$13500****$42,200****$10,000***$10,700*****$6000****$11,000*****OPEN****OPEN******$27,000*****11,000

Message 51 of 73
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Ok. Be optimistic. With your scores, it might be a Signature
Message 52 of 73
audia4
Established Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
Ok. Be optimistic. With your scores, it might be a Signature

Now you're talking. hehe Smiley LOL

**$7500****$30,000*****$13500****$42,200****$10,000***$10,700*****$6000****$11,000*****OPEN****OPEN******$27,000*****11,000

Message 53 of 73
audia4
Established Contributor

Hmm, this is interesting.

I received my Chase Freedom card a few days ago and activated it. I was thinking about things today and remembered about everyone telling me to call once I got the card to see if I qualified for the Signature card.

I'm searching everywhere in my mound of paperwork that was sent with my card and I just noticed the back of the paper that my card came on.

It states they pulled Equifax for my credit scores (which I already figured that...especially since it was my lowest score, go figure).

Then I read.... "Your credit score:  741"   Um what? I just pulled it that day and it wasn't 741!!!  How are they getting this score? Are they coming up with their "own" scoring system?? It says "Scoring System name:  Card Acquisition Risk Score" and then says "The range of scores can range from a low of 250 to a high of 900" We all know what an actual FICO score goes to 850, so I'm thinking they have their own made up system they use???

It also had a section that said "Key factors that adversely affected your credit score:  Length of time since the oldest cc established, Revolving accts opened in past 6 months compared to all revolving accts (that would be 1 acct I opened in April for Discover) and Length of time since the newest revolving account established"

So, I'm guessing I probably shouldn't call them after all and just take the Chase Freedom they gave me. Sigh.

Any thoughts on this?  I have never seen anyone mention this "scoring system" used when they got their Chase Freedom card before. It kinda caught me off gaurd. Smiley Frustrated

Message 54 of 73
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

There is absolutely nothing wrong with calling them and explaining that you'd like to know if you're eligible for the Visa Signature. You're being too scared, hun! Smiley Happy What's the worst they can say? It's a HP? Then if you don't want a HP say that's ok I'll just do this another time.. thank you for your time! It's all very simple and the best time to do it is right when you activate, believe me.

Your scores are great and with Chase it's great to get a GOOD starting limit, one your happy with. If that means you make a 5 minute phone call where it's possible they can upgrade it and CLI it at the same time, why not do that?

Good luck.
Message 55 of 73
myjourney
Super Contributor

@audia4 wrote:

I received my Chase Freedom card a few days ago and activated it. I was thinking about things today and remembered about everyone telling me to call once I got the card to see if I qualified for the Signature card.

I'm searching everywhere in my mound of paperwork that was sent with my card and I just noticed the back of the paper that my card came on.

It states they pulled Equifax for my credit scores (which I already figured that...especially since it was my lowest score, go figure).

Then I read.... "Your credit score:  741"   Um what? I just pulled it that day and it wasn't 741!!!  How are they getting this score? Are they coming up with their "own" scoring system?? It says "Scoring System name:  Card Acquisition Risk Score" and then says "The range of scores can range from a low of 250 to a high of 900" We all know what an actual FICO score goes to 850, so I'm thinking they have their own made up system they use???

It also had a section that said "Key factors that adversely affected your credit score:  Length of time since the oldest cc established, Revolving accts opened in past 6 months compared to all revolving accts (that would be 1 acct I opened in April for Discover) and Length of time since the newest revolving account established"

So, I'm guessing I probably shouldn't call them after all and just take the Chase Freedom they gave me. Sigh.

Any thoughts on this?  I have never seen anyone mention this "scoring system" used when they got their Chase Freedom card before. It kinda caught me off gaurd. Smiley Frustrated

Just watching 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 56 of 73
audia4
Established Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

@audia4 wrote:

Just watching 

JOURNEY...GO AWAY!!    Just kidding. I'm not coming "out" of the garden...this is still the same seedling!  If it's a HP, I would say NO WAY. Smiley Wink

Message 57 of 73
myjourney
Super Contributor

@audia4 wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@audia4 wrote:

Just watching 

JOURNEY...GO AWAY!!    Just kidding. I'm not coming "out" of the garden...this is still the same seedling!  If it's a HP, I would say NO WAY. Smiley Wink

Just making sure while your on the phone CSR doesn't sway you to CSPSmiley TongueLOL

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 58 of 73
audia4
Established Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

Just making sure while your on the phone CSR doesn't sway you to CSPSmiley TongueLOL

Journey, talk English to me...what is CSR & CSP?   and PSC or PCS or RSC or RCS while we're at it?  Smiley Very Happy

Message 59 of 73
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

customer service rep --- chase sapphire preferred Smiley Wink
Message 60 of 73
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.