Did you mean: 

Manage on Time Payment on Credit Cards

tag
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

Re: Manage on Time Payment on Credit Cards

Let's see.

This is how I've been doing it.

I have one or two cards that I put almost EVERYTHING on. (my BankAmericard and Discover): My daily driver card gets around $250-$300 run through it every two weeks. When my daily driver was my Capital One card, it would cut on the 1st of the month, and the due date would be around the 25th. Not sure what the dates are gonna be with my new BoA card. Regardless, I put in a payment for $250 to $300 every two weeks when I get paid (the 1st and 15th)...the reported balance is usually low and it is always paid...also, no interest!

I have a few Comenity accounts. They all cut on the 1st or 2nd and are due around the 27th or 28th. Depending on the balances, I will pay them on either 1st or 15th to get them in on time. I have them linked in Mint so sometimes I'll get an email there. Comenity will also send me an email around the 20th if they haven't gotten anything.

My GE accounts are annoying though. I have two that cut on the 1st (My walmart and JCP cards), so those would get paid with the 1st paycheck of the month. I have a couple others that cut after the 15th, so those would get paid with the 15th's paycheck.

Same with Capital One. I have one that cuts on the 1st and another that cuts on the 24th. I can either pay both on the 1st or one of the 1st and the other on the 15th and they would both still be on time.

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 51 of 57
john398
Senior Contributor

I also get paid on the 6th and 21st and I keep a spreadsheet of what credit cards are due when and pay them all on one of those 2 dates

Message 52 of 57
GTT
Regular Contributor

I have only 4 cards and what I do is to set the statement of all cards the same date so that I can manage the balance on each card and util % before reporting to the the credit bureaus.

Because I always PIF , so after statemet date, I almost pay them right away so I don't care too much about the real due date.

Message 53 of 57
ptilda
Established Contributor

I have a reminder come up twice a month where I go through each account and make sure I have a 0.00 balance or a pending payment set up.

I'm new with CCs, but am afraid of auto-pay, because my $32K a year means I'm never far from broke, and I don't want to go over. Plus, I'm phasing out of US Bank (now that they gave me a card Smiley Happy) as my primary bank, and into my CU, so I don't want t miss somthing in the switch.

Also, I have e-statements set for everything possible, so that assurres that I'm not behind.

My Wallet:Fidelity Amex $1K, DCU $3.9K, US Bank AeroMexico $300, Quicksilver $1.3K, Cap1 secured MC $750, DiscoverIT $200, Care Credit $5K, Sportsman Guide Visa $3K, Kay $3K, Jared $3K,American Airlines CC $3K, Amazon $2.9k, Walmart $2.2k, Macy's $800 revolving/$5k furniture, Comenity retail cards $5.55kStarting Score: 618Current Score: 711
Message 54 of 57
hacsx2
New Contributor

I made all my cc statement closing date the same or roughly the same that way when one is due all is due. 

This way work for me.  So when the due date is coming up i log in to each and pay.

EX: 747 (12/27) EQ:716 (11/6) TU: 703 (11/6) CK: 735
CC:
CSP $5000; BOA Rewards: $5000; Citi Platinum: $2600; UNFCU $500; BCP $6000; Wells Fargo reward $10k; Line of credit $10k ; Discover IT $7500; BML$1000; Citi TYP $5000; Chase Freedom $4000
Message 55 of 57
ptilda
Established Contributor

@Peteyglad wrote:

I use a program called Check. It lets me know when payments are due several weeks in advance.

I use Check, but neither it nor Mint have Walart, Amazon or any Comenity cards... shucks!

My Wallet:Fidelity Amex $1K, DCU $3.9K, US Bank AeroMexico $300, Quicksilver $1.3K, Cap1 secured MC $750, DiscoverIT $200, Care Credit $5K, Sportsman Guide Visa $3K, Kay $3K, Jared $3K,American Airlines CC $3K, Amazon $2.9k, Walmart $2.2k, Macy's $800 revolving/$5k furniture, Comenity retail cards $5.55kStarting Score: 618Current Score: 711
Message 56 of 57
Surlaw

@newUser0 wrote:

Guys,

As the number of cards you have increases, how do you all manage to keep track of it and pay them on time?

1) My credit issuers' websites are bookmarked in a tab titled "Credit/Bank" which is readily visible on my bookmarks bar (Chrome is my browser)

2) I keep all "payment due" notices in my inbox until that account is paid for the month

3) Autopay is set up

4) I make a Word document every month stating which accounts I have paid and which I have not.

Message 57 of 57
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.