Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maneuvering with low-ish AAoA

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Maneuvering with low-ish AAoA

I generally have a moderately low AAoA (2yr2mo) on my active accounts. Longest account reporting is 6 years (the rest 2.3, 2, 1.9, .11, .8).

I am feeling like I want more CL and diversified accounts (currently chase heavy). Is it smart to add new accounts at this point (e.g., Ink Cash, Propel or BCP)?

Current CL is 40500.
AAoA: 2.1
income: 148100
Util: 30%
util highest acct: 42%
Scores;
710-tu
705-ex
690-eq

Actual scores will be better next report by the util actually affecting scores. The amount of preapprovals on AMEX and Citi are making me feel antsy. I dont want to make a move to make a move, but I also want to keep building my portfolio rather than sit stagnant.
5 REPLIES 5
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Maneuvering with low-ish AAoA

Look at your spending and choose appropriate cards based on that.

You are at the point where you can be building towards your end game portfolio.

        
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

To Revelate's point, my current card setup is:

CSR (dining, rideshare)
FU (catch all)
Freedom (Rotating)
Hilton Aspire (Hilton Work Travel)
Amazon Prime Visa (Whole Foods and Prime Grocery; Amazon)
Amex Gold (still not sure I use this well enough to justify)

Gaps are streaming, phone, cable, non amazon owned grocery. As for the Ink Cash reference, I do some side legal consulting and drafting, but not sure enough to justify a business card UW process as a sole proprietor (max 1k per 2 months, but could up this if needed for the process). Mainly interested in this as my company is in flux on phone (have to use personal for work until subsidy policy approved by board...still have to front costs for that and internet if I work from home). Basically, line is getting blurrier of work/home and this card offers best coverage.

Again, thanks for insights in advance.
Message 3 of 6
Gmood1
Super Contributor

The US bank Cash plus is a good card to have for the monthly spends you describe.

You can indeed go with a business CC as a sole proprietor, if you so choose. US bank, Citi and Amex give out business CCs like candy!😂

Oh, and I wouldn't get to caught up on the AAoA thing. Mine has been just barely 2 years or under for the last 3 years and has never stopped me from getting what I want. I have a bunch of credit accounts. Over 70 reporting and a bunch that don't report.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sounds like a bcp would be a good card to fill gaps and you’re likely preapproved for it?
Message 5 of 6
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Chase honestly isn't really concerned about it; you're so heavily into UR anyway it only makes sense to put in an app for an Ink Cash TBH.  SP UW is super easy right now, separate legal entity is the much harder part.

Beyond that covering grocery, look explicitly how much you're spending there cause if the Gold can't be justified there are plenty of 3% or better cards available or in my case with seriously limited grocery I just swipe my FU anyway.

        
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.