Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mariott Bonvoy Amex Cards Giving Complimentary Platinum Status

tag
Aim_High
Super Contributor

Re: (NEW) AMEX Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant 125K SUB

@simplynoir wrote:

Was kind of dropped here. The announcement was more concentrated on the complimentary Platinum status

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Mariott-Bonvoy-Amex-Cards-Giving-Complimentary-Platinu...

Edit: @wasCB14 barely beat me to it lol

Ahh, I see.  I haven't been on the forums much in the past week and did a quick search before posting about it.   Yes, the Platinum status is awesome but I also think the 125K SUB is exceptional and a little surprised the focus wasn't more on the SUB!

Business Cards

Length of Credit > 40 years; Total Credit Limits >$898K
Top Lender TCL - Chase 156.4 - BofA 99.7 - AMEX 95.0 - CITI 94.5 - NFCU 80.0
AoOA > 30 years (Jun 1993); AoYA (Feb 2024)
* Hover cursor over cards to see name & CL, or press & hold on mobile app.
Message 41 of 43
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

The SUB kind of got overshadowed by the Platinum status being offered on it and the business card as well as the five 50k certificates (effectively up to 250k point SUB) with the Chase Boundless card.

Message 42 of 43
dogmeat
Regular Contributor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

The SUB kind of got overshadowed by the Platinum status being offered on it and the business card as well as the five 50k certificates (effectively up to 250k point SUB) with the Chase Boundless card.

Not to mention the fact that before the Chase Boundless card SUB became 5x50k certs, it was at 100k points for a while.  If the Brilliant SUB had only been bumped up to 100k points, I think we would have heard a collective 'meh'.  So they tacked on another 25k points over and above the previous Boundless SUB, cool.  And you get them in a year.  Uh, OK.  Sure, that's nice, and better than 100k, thanks.  But let's look at what else it includes...  at least that was my way of looking at it.

Message 43 of 43
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.