Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Marriot Visa Points Question

tag
texasman07
Established Contributor

Marriot Visa Points Question

So I am getting married at the Ritz Carlton in DC this May, can I get Marriot points 5x per 1$ ? We would charge and pay it off the next week. Not sure if you have to have a ritz Carlton card
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
sunkissed
Established Contributor

Re: Marriot Visa Points Question

@texasman07 wrote:
So I am getting married at the Ritz Carlton in DC this May, can I get Marriot points 5x per 1$ ? We would charge and pay it off the next week. Not sure if you have to have a ritz Carlton card

From Marriott's site:

• 5 points for every $1 spent at over 4,000 Marriott® locations, including our exclusive luxury hotel partner, The Ritz-Carlton®*

NFCU Flagship $32K | NFCU Cashrewards $42K | Discover IT $39K | SECU Visa $20K | Chase SW $24k | CSR $15K | Chase Bonvoy $11.5K | Chase Freedom $11.5K | Chase Amazon Visa 8.5K | AMEX Bonvoy $18.1K | AMEX Hilton Surpass $15K | AMEX Hilton Aspire $24.4K | AMEX Gold | Aviator Red $16K | Uber Visa 10k | Citi TY Premier $24.6K | BoA Premium Rewards 35k | BoA Cash Rewards Visa $31.5k | BoA Cash Rewards MC $23k | US Bank Cash+ $10k | USAA AMEX $6K | Cap1QS $11K | BJs MC $27.6K | Walmart MC $5.1K | Loft MC $25,000 | Macy’s Store/Amex $20K/$1K | BR Visa $10K | JCP $1K | VS $3.2K | Home Depot $5K | Lowes $8.5K | Target $14.5k
Message 2 of 5
Saleen099
Senior Contributor

@texasman07 wrote:

Yes you can use your Marriott card at The Ritz-Carlton in DC and still be able to get 5x per $1. 

image.png

Message 3 of 5
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Absolutely. Both the Marriott and ritz carlton Cards earn 5x at all properties in the Marriott family that currently participate in the rewards program.

Be sure to get your max of 50k points and 10 elite night credits for holding an event at a hotel. Should be part of your contract.

You'll earn 3 points for every dollar spent on your event (through the hotel) up to 50k points and 10 elite night credits. If this isn't in your contract call the hotel asap and request it.
Message 4 of 5
texasman07
Established Contributor

Thanks all!!!!
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.