cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Marriott Bonvoy Boundless vs Amex Bonvoy Business

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: Marriott Bonvoy Boundless vs Amex Bonvoy Business

Um isn't the transfer rate 3-1? With odds like that you'd be better off just taking a free night.

I'm currently sitting on 120K points, which could get me 2.5 nights on average. Maybe more if I could find availablility on cheaper properties.

Turning 120K points into 40K miles would feel like I'm being taken, and not to anywhere that I specifically want to travel. 

Message 11 of 14
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

@Janus wrote:

Um isn't the transfer rate 3-1? With odds like that you'd be better off just taking a free night.

I'm currently sitting on 120K points, which could get me 2.5 nights on average. Maybe more if I could find availablility on cheaper properties.

Turning 120K points into 40K miles would feel like I'm being taken, and not to anywhere that I specifically want to travel. 

I agree, I dunno who would think that Marriott points are good for xfering to airlines. With the 100k offer I'd be sitting at 135k points, and I typically stay at rooms at courtyard or higher with 25k -35k nights. That's almost 4 nights plus the anniversary night. 

Chase and Marriott even are aware this isn't a daily driver, it's a sock drawer card. They mention your points won't be lost as long as you use the card once every 24 months.

|  
Message 12 of 14
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

@randomguy1 wrote:
Marriot points are used better towards airline miles.

Not, not at all.  3 Marriott points = 1 mile.  Most miles are worth about 1.5 to 1.6 cpps.  Marriott points worth about 0.6 to 0.9 cpps.

Message 13 of 14
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

@MyFault wrote:

@Janus wrote:

I agree, I dunno who would think that Marriott points are good for xfering to airlines. With the 100k offer I'd be sitting at 135k points, and I typically stay at rooms at courtyard or higher with 25k -35k nights. That's almost 4 nights plus the anniversary night. 

Chase and Marriott even are aware this isn't a daily driver, it's a sock drawer card. They mention your points won't be lost as long as you use the card once every 24 months.

The $99 AF card can pay itself with the free night.  Then you need the card to get to the next elite level.  Some CCs offer 4x on spending with certain category.  It is about 3% to 3.5% return, not bad.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.