cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant American Express® Card, is it worth it?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant American Express® Card, is it worth it?

Same here, my max was $250 per night. But that was for a vacation. I don't generall go over the $125-150 mark for just average lodging, IMo it's not worth the price. I don't use any of the ammenites, so I don't feel being charge a resort fee is justifiable. Maybe if my employer paid for lodging, I'd stay at a $450 per night Hotel. lol 

Considering I'm only using it for a place to sleep at night, not spending all day in the room or at the resort. But exploring the City/sights etc.

So I do not see the value in over priced rooms, 1/2 - 3/4 of that cost could be spent elsewhere. 

Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@quarius wrote:

I like to stay at these brands and the points mean something to me but what im asking is this $450 anual fee...I know you get a $300 credit but I dont see anywhere where i can pay for stays with it, just to be able to use it in house. Anyone that has this card happy with it so far? If I apply for it this would be my first ever $450 annual fee type, the most i have is $90. I already have the marriot bonvoy, so that is out. My scores are around 800 across the board so I know im getting approved.

Do you have the Amex Bonvoy or the Chase version. If you have the Chase version  I don't believe you can get the bonus on this card. If you have the Amex version self refer yourself for an additional 20k points. 

Message 12 of 13
quarius
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@quarius wrote:

I like to stay at these brands and the points mean something to me but what im asking is this $450 anual fee...I know you get a $300 credit but I dont see anywhere where i can pay for stays with it, just to be able to use it in house. Anyone that has this card happy with it so far? If I apply for it this would be my first ever $450 annual fee type, the most i have is $90. I already have the marriot bonvoy, so that is out. My scores are around 800 across the board so I know im getting approved.

Do you have the Amex Bonvoy or the Chase version. If you have the Chase version  I don't believe you can get the bonus on this card. If you have the Amex version self refer yourself for an additional 20k points. 

The one i have says "Marriot Bonvey Boundless" so i don't know. I do know when i log in to my amex account, and i find the 100k offer at the pointsguy it allows me to get the deal.

{NFCU-25k}{NFCU-Flagship-25k}{Saphire-15k}{BOA-25k}{DCU-10k}{Slate-7200}{FirstNat-4k}{DiscoverIT-6k}{CitiCash-$4100}{AmexBCE-$8500}{Venture-$6500}
12/23/18 [Experian-Fico 799][TU-Fico799][Equifax-Fico786]
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.