Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Marriott Card has huge dent in it

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Marriott Card has huge dent in it

It's only been a little over a month since I've got this card. Maybe it's from the heat? Not sure. The CSR asked me if I was in gunfight lately, LMAO. Another reason why I love Chase reps, they act like real people instead of reading off of a screen.
Message 1 of 32
31 REPLIES 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Marriott Card has huge dent in it

lmao! yes chase cust service is good!

Message 2 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

He was dead serious! I was like wait-what?
Message 3 of 32
SecretAzure
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
He was dead serious! I was like wait-what?

Do the Marriott and Ritz cards have a different 'preferred' CSR group? Or would I get the same good CS for my Freedom number?

"Show your thanks with action! Hit the "Kudos" button (the stripe with the star) for every post you find helpful to show your appreciation to the community of great individuals who help you on these forums" -Me

Active Cards: Chevron Texaco, Amex BCE, Barclays Ring, Chase Freedom, Chase Freedom Unlimited, Best Buy Visa, Marvel MCMust garden until 2/1/2022 to hit my goal AAOA. Smiley Indifferent
Message 4 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

When I called today it was for the "Marriott premier cardholders" line. For what it's worth, I've called the Freedom department and I've had people joke around with me too.
Message 5 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
It's only been a little over a month since I've got this card. Maybe it's from the heat? Not sure. The CSR asked me if I was in gunfight lately, LMAO. Another reason why I love Chase reps, they act like real people instead of reading off of a screen.

It must be nice. I cannot get a card with chase they keep denying me. (Which sucks considering ive had my checking and savings with them now for over 5 years. 

Capital One Reps have been helpful to me so far when i needed them but they are so cardboard. Especially the chat reps. They all sound the same, and they talk like robots. 

Message 6 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you asked why they keep denying you? Any baddies? Inquires? My freedom has a really low credit line, applied for Marriott about 5 months later.
Message 7 of 32
ddemari
Super Contributor

U can also just a request a card replacement online. I do when i want a new one, for any of my cards although i dont over do it especailly with ritz
Message 8 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Have you asked why they keep denying you? Any baddies? Inquires? My freedom has a really low credit line, applied for Marriott about 5 months later.

Admittely, no I never did do a recon. But no I dont have any baddies nor too many inquires. My credit score accoring to fico is 688 and on credit karma it shows as 710 and 706. So i do not know why i am repeatedly denied. I try every 6 months and keep getting told NO. I tried for the Freedom three times, and the Slate once. I tried the Slate because they sent me a pre approved offer in the mail so i got excited and thought finally im in the door to chase, but they said denied when i accepted the pre-approval. I didnt think that was even possible.

Message 9 of 32
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Mattc88 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Admittely, no I never did do a recon. But no I dont have any baddies nor too many inquires. My credit score accoring to fico is 688 and on credit karma it shows as 710 and 706. So i do not know why i am repeadtly denied. I try every 6 months and keep getting told NO. I tried for the Freedom three times, and the Slate once. I tried the Slate because they sent me a pre approved offer in the mail so i got excited and thought finally im in the door to chase, but they said denied when i accepted the pre-approval. I didnt think that was even possible.

How does your income look and what is your AAoA?  They want over a year of history typically.

Message 10 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.