Super Contributor

Marriott Credit Card Now Earns 5x at SPG Hotels

SPG Marr.png

Message 1 of 41
40 REPLIES 40
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Re: Marriott Credit Card Now Earns 5x at SPG Hotels

SPG card also earns 2x at marriott hotels.

This means that the SPG card now earns more marriott points per dollar than the marriott card. Interesting. 

Message 2 of 41
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

SPG comes out to the best between Marriott, Ritz, SPG BUT CSR Beats them all! (according to the points guy break down yesterday)

Message 3 of 41
jsucool76
Super Contributor

The points guy is BS. You can get far more than his 0.7 cents per point.

My latest redemption is 2.2 cents per point.
Message 4 of 41
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

.7??? Huh
I saw a 4.8, 5.6, 6.4 or something like that depending on card and obviously where you use.
Message 5 of 41
Saleen099
Senior Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:
.7??? Huh
I saw a 4.8, 5.6, 6.4 or something like that depending on card and obviously where you use.

IMG_1177.PNG

Message 6 of 41
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Yes that!
Message 7 of 41
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Except those point values are just made up by him.

If I'm getting 2.2 cents per point, that means at 5 points per dollar, that is 11 cents per dollar, or 11% back

with the SPG card at 6 points per dollar, that is 13.2%
Message 8 of 41
negg
Frequent Contributor

I'll add to this.  Thru the end of the year marriot give double points at wholesale clubs.  

CSR.........11,900.......Delta Amex $11,200.........Marriott Rewards Premier $8000.......Discover IT $9700......Citi Preferred $8600.......Chase Freedom $10,800.....Barclay(apple) $11,600......BofA $1500.......Capital One $7400......FNO $9800......Barclay(Hawaiian airlines)$11,000......Citi Costco $15,000. June 1st 2013 0 credit cards and 575 fico. Today 117K in credit and 812 fico and ZERO INQUIRIES......ZERO. 2018 goal. 825 fico.
Message 9 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

So is there even a reason to have a Marriott Chase Card anymore? SGH gives 1 point for everyday purchases, so that's 3 Marriott points. SGH gives 2 points for Marriott purchases, so that's 6 points, vs the 5 you get from their own Marriott chase card. With the new 3 for 1 conversion, I am thinking about just canceling my Marriott card and getting a SGH Amex. 

Is there any reason not to do this?

Message 10 of 41
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.