Marriott Offer 70k for $2k spend in 3mo

tag
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

Re: Marriott Offer 70k for $2k spend in 3mo

@B335is wrote:

@j_casteel wrote:

@B335is wrote:

I got approved for 70k points with $1k spend.  The offer they emailed me also had $2k requirement, but when I googled it the first result had a lower spend requirement:

Marriott Offer 70k for $1k spend

sweet!  Thanks for the link

No problem, are you applying?

I'm really thinking about it....I have til Sept. 15 to think about it. I'm at ~13% uti right now, but a couple cards are over 30% due to 0% BT's I did

Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 21 of 31
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@B335is wrote:

I got approved for 70k points with $1k spend.  The offer they emailed me also had $2k requirement, but when I googled it the first result had a lower spend requirement:

Cool now can you find me amex prg fifty k sign up bonus lol then this guy will be happy camper

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 22 of 31
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

@mongstradamus wrote:

@B335is wrote:

Cool now can you find me amex prg fifty k sign up bonus lol then this guy will be happy camper

Funny you mention it, I have PRG and one week they ask me to apply for Business Platinum (50k bonus with $5k spend), then the next week it's Personal Platinum same bonus.  I have $12k spend to do in 3 months though, so maybe later this year I'll take the bait.  I'm hoping they up the offer too.

Message 23 of 31
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@B335is wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@B335is wrote:

Funny you mention it, I have PRG and one week they ask me to apply for Business Platinum (50k bonus with $5k spend), then the next week it's Personal Platinum same bonus.  I have $12k spend to do in 3 months though, so maybe later this year I'll take the bait.  I'm hoping they up the offer too.

This is kind of off topic but if they give me that offer I will probably do Sallie Mae prg and ed all in one night and be done for long long time. 

Message 24 of 31
Membersince2013
Valued Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

@B335is wrote:

I WILL TOTALLY APP FOR THAT! and probably get denied! 50K starpoints can get me 25 nights at the Sheraton in San Juan! I'll be there for almost a year and rack up enough starpoints to come back by skipping housekeeping.

Arrival+ | Barclaycard Rewards Mastercard | Citi Double Cash | CapOne QS (2) | Citi Diamond P | Freedom | Fidelity Amex | Amex Plat | Old Blue Cash | PRG | SPG | BCP | HHonors Surpass | Cap1 Venture | Discover | CSP | Cap1 Venture1 | BOA CR&TR (2) | Ritz Carlton | Southwest Rapid Rewards | Hyatt (2) | US Airways Mastercard (2) | Wells Fargo Rewards Visa | Marriott Premier (2) |

Fico Scores as of 2/21/15 - EX: total crap, TU: total crap, EQ: total crap
Message 25 of 31
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@Membersince2013 wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@B335is wrote:

I WILL TOTALLY APP FOR THAT! and probably get denied! 50K starpoints can get me 25 nights at the Sheraton in San Juan! I'll be there for almost a year and rack up enough starpoints to come back by skipping housekeeping.

Lol prg is Mr points I thought we went over how bad it is to convert Mr to spg.if you want to use it for anything use Mr to convert to Hilton 

Message 26 of 31
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

I'm going to go for this card, but I may wait until August or early September. The offer is good til Sept. 15 and I want to let my newest accounts age just a tad more. Plus, it will allow me to pay down some of my cards to bring individual UTI down on some of my 0% BT cards. Right now overall UTI is ~13%, but I'd like to try to make myself look a little better. I don't want to just get approved for this card, but also the Alaska Airlines card (BoA) I want to go for best terms if I can.

Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 27 of 31
MT936
Established Contributor

j_casteel wrote:

I'm going to go for this card, but I may wait until August or early September. The offer is good til Sept. 15 and I want to let my newest accounts age just a tad more. Plus, it will allow me to pay down some of my cards to bring individual UTI down on some of my 0% BT cards. Right now overall UTI is ~13%, but I'd like to try to make myself look a little better. I don't want to just get approved for this card, but also the Alaska Airlines card (BoA) I want to go for best terms if I can.

I applied for it last week and used this link https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/marriottpremier/70p1kshphdm/ that I found just by googling marriott 70k and the offer is for $1000 spend in 3 months

Amex Blue Cash Everyday: $25,000 | Navy FCU Cash Rewards: $25,000 | Discover It: $20,500
Chase Freedom: $12,500 | Citi Double Cash: $10,000 | Bank of America Cash Rewards: $8,000

Message 28 of 31
Membersince2013
Valued Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Membersince2013 wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@B335is wrote:

Lol prg is Mr points I thought we went over how bad it is to convert Mr to spg.if you want to use it for anything use Mr to convert to Hilton 

Yeah, for some reason, i read SPG instead of PRG lol. I'd totally app for 50k Starpoints.

Arrival+ | Barclaycard Rewards Mastercard | Citi Double Cash | CapOne QS (2) | Citi Diamond P | Freedom | Fidelity Amex | Amex Plat | Old Blue Cash | PRG | SPG | BCP | HHonors Surpass | Cap1 Venture | Discover | CSP | Cap1 Venture1 | BOA CR&TR (2) | Ritz Carlton | Southwest Rapid Rewards | Hyatt (2) | US Airways Mastercard (2) | Wells Fargo Rewards Visa | Marriott Premier (2) |

Fico Scores as of 2/21/15 - EX: total crap, TU: total crap, EQ: total crap
Message 29 of 31
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@Membersince2013 wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Membersince2013 wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@B335is wrote:

Yeah, for some reason, i read SPG instead of PRG lol. I'd totally app for 50k Starpoints.

yeah if they have that SPG offer 50 K I think most people would app for that. the highest I've seen recently is 35 K

Message 30 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.