Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Marvel MC CLD

tag
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

Marvel MC CLD

Hey everyone,

As a disclaimer, I am posting this information for data points for our Forum members.  I am well aware that lack of activity can lead to CLD and account closure; this isn't a "rant" but just a presentation of information that may be of help to others.

Now, on to the data!   I last used my Marvel MC in February 2018.   At that time, my CL was $25K.  I had gotten up to that CL via chat.   I had a spend offer that I had completed months before but never received credit for.   I tried to resolve the issue a few times with CSRs but got nowhere, so I ended up filing an CFPB complaint.   An account manager got back to me and they issued a credit for the amount.  However, I was disillusioned with them and moved on to greener pastures, namely my Uber Visa.

So the card has remained SDed to this very day.   However, a few days ago, I noticed that my overall CLs had dipped.   I logged in today and discovered that my CL went from $25K to $1,024.   Out of curiosity, I asked for a CLI; I asked for the full $25K, but they countered with $10K.

The last activity on my account was my payment on 3/27/18.   So it appears that I went for over 15 months until SYNC finally decided to CLD.   I may eventually close the account, but I need some accounts with zero balances, as I regularly use a lot of my other CCs.  I can't say I'm too upset over CLD.  I'm actually a bit surprised it took this long, and I'm more surprised that they instantly restored much of the CL.   

For other data points, my TU08 score is 840, income is $150K, and I have about 4% UTIL overall.   Maybe my profile makes SYNC a bit more accommodating, as anecdotally, they seem to act more quickly for inactivity.   I'm curious as to what others have experienced.  

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Marvel MC CLD

This is my only Synch card that I can’t seem to grow for whatever reason. I was approved for the card SL $2500 and then applied for the PayPal 2% and got a SL of $10K same day. So I’m thinking of closing the Marvel.
Message 2 of 17
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Thanks for the DPs.

My marvel card gets very little use, but a little activity a few charges every couple of months..  It is by far my slowest moving synch card.

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 3 of 17
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Sorry to hear Sunrise, but understandable . Looks like you got the @tcbofade tacofaded no credit treatmentSmiley Wink. I use mine every couple months to show usage. Would use it more but with the apr and just have too many cc's hold me back. In todays Sync, 15 months is a great time Smiley Wink. Never close an Avengers card, we never know when we might need themSmiley Wink
Message 4 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

A couple of points.

They will CLD for lack of use as a warning that you're about to get it shutdown.  I had a shutdown for lack of use on a Sync card at ~22 months.

CL reclaim to 10K instead of 25K is due to using the online method vs calling the backdoor number for a full restore.

If you need a buffer for UTIL then bump your other cards that you do use or use at least semi often.  BOA/Disco/CITI

Message 5 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

A couple of points.

They will CLD for lack of use as a warning that you're about to get it shutdown.  I had a shutdown for lack of use on a Sync card at ~22 months.

CL reclaim to 10K instead of 25K is due to using the online method vs calling the backdoor number for a full restore.

If you need a buffer for UTIL then bump your other cards that you do use or use at least semi often.  BOA/Disco/CITI

I have never had any luck using the backdoor number on existing cards to get a CLI. 

Message 6 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I have never had any luck using the backdoor number on existing cards to get a CLI. 

Looking at your signature you're at about 61K w/ Sync.  Overall their limit tends to be 100K per person before they get antsy about things.  Do you recall what the denial letters gave for reasons for the denial?  It's possible it's too much activity w/ adding other accounts or just bad timing between requests.  

Message 7 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Looking at your signature you're at about 61K w/ Sync.  Overall their limit tends to be 100K per person before they get antsy about things.  Do you recall what the denial letters gave for reasons for the denial?  It's possible it's too much activity w/ adding other accounts or just bad timing between requests.  

I'm going to be honest with you @Obscure-Expert , Inquiries seems to be my downfall. 

Message 8 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Sorry to hear Sunrise, but understandable . Looks like you got the @tcbofade tacofaded no credit treatmentSmiley Wink. I use mine every couple months to show usage. Would use it more but with the apr and just have too many cc's hold me back. In todays Sync, 15 months is a great time Smiley Wink. Never close an Avengers card, we never know when we might need themSmiley Wink

Scary!

Message 9 of 17
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

🦸‍♂️🤷‍♂️😱
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.