Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Marvel MC CLD

tag
tcbofade
Super Contributor

Re: Marvel MC CLD

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Sorry to hear Sunrise, but understandable . Looks like you got the @tcbofade tacofaded no credit treatmentSmiley Wink. I use mine every couple months to show usage. Would use it more but with the apr and just have too many cc's hold me back. In todays Sync, 15 months is a great time Smiley Wink. Never close an Avengers card, we never know when we might need themSmiley Wink

While they did NOT CLD me, they did leave me hanging on a spend bonus.  Hard copy letter sent via snail mail got the credit to my account.

I don't use mine often, but DO use when DW, DD, and/or myself go to the movies...so three or four times a year.  Smiley Happy

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 11 of 17
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

They will CLD for lack of use as a warning that you're about to get it shutdown.  I had a shutdown for lack of use on a Sync card at ~22 months.

CL reclaim to 10K instead of 25K is due to using the online method vs calling the backdoor number for a full restore.

If you need a buffer for UTIL then bump your other cards that you do use or use at least semi often.  BOA/Disco/CITI

Good to know about your closure at 22 months of inactivity.   I don't really need a UTIL buffer so much as I need accounts that will always have zero balances.  I don't think I'll try Credit Solutions or chat to go back to $25K, since I really don't need the CL.   I'm considering getting the PayPal CC, since I don't really have a 2% gen spend card that I like.   Right now, I'm using my Cash Magnet for gen spend, but it's 1.5% and AMEX rewards are extremely slow to post.  

Maybe I will buy something cheap on the Marvel card, just to get some "activity".   Smiley Happy

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 12 of 17
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@SunriseEarth wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

They will CLD for lack of use as a warning that you're about to get it shutdown.  I had a shutdown for lack of use on a Sync card at ~22 months.

CL reclaim to 10K instead of 25K is due to using the online method vs calling the backdoor number for a full restore.

If you need a buffer for UTIL then bump your other cards that you do use or use at least semi often.  BOA/Disco/CITI

Good to know about your closure at 22 months of inactivity.   I don't really need a UTIL buffer so much as I need accounts that will always have zero balances.  I don't think I'll try Credit Solutions or chat to go back to $25K, since I really don't need the CL.   I'm considering getting the PayPal CC, since I don't really have a 2% gen spend card that I like.   Right now, I'm using my Cash Magnet for gen spend, but it's 1.5% and AMEX rewards are extremely slow to post.  

Maybe I will buy something cheap on the Marvel card, just to get some "activity".   Smiley Happy

Let's not forget that it gives 3% cash back on dining & entertainment. Buy yourself a hamburger with it or go to a movie. It's the only card I've ever had that makes people smile sometimes Smiley Happy

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

After the Captain Marvel & Avengers: Endgame movies I’d be embarrassed to have this card.

Message 14 of 17
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

After the Captain Marvel & Avengers: Endgame movies I’d be embarrassed to have this card.

I have Spiderman.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Meh. In the comic world, nothing is ever an absolute. 

Message 16 of 17
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@SunriseEarth wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Let's not forget that it gives 3% cash back on dining & entertainment. Buy yourself a hamburger with it or go to a movie. It's the only card I've ever had that makes people smile sometimes Smiley Happy

Yeah, that's all my Uber card gets, fast food 3-4 times a month. In a year or so I might finally hit the $25 redemption requiement. Smiley LOL

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.