cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Marvel MC CLD

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Super Contributor

Re: Marvel MC CLD


@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Sorry to hear Sunrise, but understandable . Looks like you got the @tcbofade tacofaded no credit treatmentSmiley Wink. I use mine every couple months to show usage. Would use it more but with the apr and just have too many cc's hold me back. In todays Sync, 15 months is a great time Smiley Wink. Never close an Avengers card, we never know when we might need themSmiley Wink

While they did NOT CLD me, they did leave me hanging on a spend bonus.  Hard copy letter sent via snail mail got the credit to my account.

 

I don't use mine often, but DO use when DW, DD, and/or myself go to the movies...so three or four times a year.  Smiley Happy

10/01/19 Fico 8: EX 717, EQ 721, TU 742.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 11 of 17
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Marvel MC CLD


@Obscure-Expert wrote:

They will CLD for lack of use as a warning that you're about to get it shutdown.  I had a shutdown for lack of use on a Sync card at ~22 months.

 

CL reclaim to 10K instead of 25K is due to using the online method vs calling the backdoor number for a full restore.

 

If you need a buffer for UTIL then bump your other cards that you do use or use at least semi often.  BOA/Disco/CITI


Good to know about your closure at 22 months of inactivity.   I don't really need a UTIL buffer so much as I need accounts that will always have zero balances.  I don't think I'll try Credit Solutions or chat to go back to $25K, since I really don't need the CL.   I'm considering getting the PayPal CC, since I don't really have a 2% gen spend card that I like.   Right now, I'm using my Cash Magnet for gen spend, but it's 1.5% and AMEX rewards are extremely slow to post.  

 

Maybe I will buy something cheap on the Marvel card, just to get some "activity".   Smiley Happy



Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 812 (TU08, 10/08/19)
AMEX Cash Magnet $44000 | BofA BBR #1 $43900 | Discover IT $39000 | Uber VS $37000 | BoA BBR #2 $31100 | cashRewards VS $25000 | Sam's Club MC $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Care Credit MC $25000 | Cash+ VS #1 $18500 | Cap 1 QS WMC $17250 | Cash+ VS #2 $15500 | JCP $15000 | Citi DC $12600 | Freedom VS $12000 | Target MC $11000 | Amazon VS $10000 | Marvel MC $10000 | Disney VS $8800 | Blispay $7500 | Sony Card $4250 | PPC $4000 ~~Gardening Since 4/1/18
Message 12 of 17
Super Contributor

Re: Marvel MC CLD


@SunriseEarth wrote:

@Obscure-Expert wrote:

They will CLD for lack of use as a warning that you're about to get it shutdown.  I had a shutdown for lack of use on a Sync card at ~22 months.

 

CL reclaim to 10K instead of 25K is due to using the online method vs calling the backdoor number for a full restore.

 

If you need a buffer for UTIL then bump your other cards that you do use or use at least semi often.  BOA/Disco/CITI


Good to know about your closure at 22 months of inactivity.   I don't really need a UTIL buffer so much as I need accounts that will always have zero balances.  I don't think I'll try Credit Solutions or chat to go back to $25K, since I really don't need the CL.   I'm considering getting the PayPal CC, since I don't really have a 2% gen spend card that I like.   Right now, I'm using my Cash Magnet for gen spend, but it's 1.5% and AMEX rewards are extremely slow to post.  

 

Maybe I will buy something cheap on the Marvel card, just to get some "activity".   Smiley Happy


Let's not forget that it gives 3% cash back on dining & entertainment. Buy yourself a hamburger with it or go to a movie. It's the only card I've ever had that makes people smile sometimes Smiley Happy


Total revolving limits 720500 (594000 reporting) 10/2/19 FICO 8 scores: EQ 744 TU 782 EX 746
Message 13 of 17
Contributor

Re: Marvel MC CLD

After the Captain Marvel & Avengers: Endgame movies I’d be embarrassed to have this card.

Discover It - 19.1K
Citi Double Cash - 16K
AMEX BCP - 35K
Elan Financial - 24.2K
Uber - 25K
Amazon Prime Visa Sig - 9.6K
Fort Knox Platinum - 2.5K
US Bank Cash+ - 14K
Citi AAdvantage PSWE - 21.5K
Message 14 of 17
Super Contributor

Re: Marvel MC CLD


@solway wrote:

After the Captain Marvel & Avengers: Endgame movies I’d be embarrassed to have this card.


I have Spiderman.


Total revolving limits 720500 (594000 reporting) 10/2/19 FICO 8 scores: EQ 744 TU 782 EX 746
Message 15 of 17
Super Contributor

Re: Marvel MC CLD


@solway wrote:

After the Captain Marvel & Avengers: Endgame movies I’d be embarrassed to have this card.


Meh. In the comic world, nothing is ever an absolute. 


01/2019:
10/2019:

Hover over my cards to see my limits!
Goal cards: Does it look like I really need any more cards? My goal is to garden until 2/2020.
Message 16 of 17
Senior Contributor

Re: Marvel MC CLD


@SouthJamaica wrote:

@SunriseEarth wrote:

@Obscure-Expert wrote:

They will CLD for lack of use as a warning that you're about to get it shutdown.  I had a shutdown for lack of use on a Sync card at ~22 months.

 

CL reclaim to 10K instead of 25K is due to using the online method vs calling the backdoor number for a full restore.

 

If you need a buffer for UTIL then bump your other cards that you do use or use at least semi often.  BOA/Disco/CITI


Good to know about your closure at 22 months of inactivity.   I don't really need a UTIL buffer so much as I need accounts that will always have zero balances.  I don't think I'll try Credit Solutions or chat to go back to $25K, since I really don't need the CL.   I'm considering getting the PayPal CC, since I don't really have a 2% gen spend card that I like.   Right now, I'm using my Cash Magnet for gen spend, but it's 1.5% and AMEX rewards are extremely slow to post.  

 

Maybe I will buy something cheap on the Marvel card, just to get some "activity".   Smiley Happy


Let's not forget that it gives 3% cash back on dining & entertainment. Buy yourself a hamburger with it or go to a movie. It's the only card I've ever had that makes people smile sometimes Smiley Happy


Yeah, that's all my Uber card gets, fast food 3-4 times a month. In a year or so I might finally hit the $25 redemption requiement. Smiley LOL

 

 


Fico 08: 734/716/734 TU/EX/EQ
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.