cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Marvel Mastercard - Earn free movie tickets (Targeted offer)

tag
Man-Of-Steel
Established Contributor

Marvel Mastercard - Earn free movie tickets (Targeted offer)

I received this offer yesterday via email from Synchrony Bank.

This holiday season, spend $100 between November 16th, 2018 - December 31st, 2018

with your Marvel Mastercard, and earn a $30 Fandango e-gift card.

I believe this is a targeted offer.  Did anyone else receive this?  I've received a couple of offers from Synchrony Bank in the past for this card, but they were the type where each time you use the card, you are entered into a drawing for a chance to win a trip.  

I think this is a pretty decent offer considering that you only have to spend $100 to get it.  I've heard where some folks ran into an issue with Synchrony not granting them what was promised, so I'll be very curious to see if they come through with the $30 gift card.  

I came close to closing this account when my card got lost in the mail and I knew there was a chance of having a second tradeline added to my reports for the new card number (which did indeed happen), but I'm over that now and don't really have any plans of getting rid of this card anytime soon.

My Uber Visa will just have to take a little break while I'm spending the $100 for this offer.

On a side note, I wonder how many folks who got this card back in 2016 still have it and use it, given that better cards (dining/entertainment/travel) have been released since then.

MarvelSpendOfferNov2018.png

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Re: Marvel Mastercard - Earn free movie tickets (Targeted offer)

I don't have this card, but I agree that it sounds like a much easier offer to make out on, compared to maybe some of the others you see out there.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 2 of 10
BigBS
Senior Contributor

Received a similar offer for $300 spend and a $50 giftcard.

Score: EQ(809) EX(819) TU(800)
INQs: EQ(7) EX(16) TU(8)
Last INQ: 13 Jul 23

Total Credit Limit - $2.0M

Message 3 of 10
Man-Of-Steel
Established Contributor

@BigBS wrote:

Received a similar offer for $300 spend and a $50 giftcard.

It's good to know that others have received a similar offer.

Message 4 of 10
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

I still have mine, wont close. If you dont spend alot, a 4% isnt going to break you with the difference of 3% imo. Nice offer.
Message 5 of 10
Man-Of-Steel
Established Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
I still have mine, wont close. If you dont spend alot, a 4% isnt going to break you with the difference of 3% imo. Nice offer.

I agree.  I don't spend that much on dining/entertainment, so this card was a little difficult to justify at the time, but I was also interested due to the Marvel branding.  So, I don't mind using it occasionally.

Message 6 of 10
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Yup, i still use it when i pick up some MickeyD's . This is a card you want to pif as its high apr and you negate any rewards carrying a balanceSmiley Wink
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Curious if you ever received your reward?  I received the $30 for spending $100 offer.  I haven't receieved anything yet.

Message 8 of 10
Man-Of-Steel
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Curious if you ever received your reward?  I received the $30 for spending $100 offer.  I haven't receieved anything yet.

I haven't received anything yet, but I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt for now.  The following was included in the fine print for this offer:

After qualifying, an email will be sent within 1-3 billing cycles after eligibility period and provide
you with instructions to redeem your eGift card.

I've only had 1 billing cycle since the end of Dec. 31st, so they still have some time.

Message 9 of 10
Man-Of-Steel
Established Contributor

I figured I would provide a quick update on this thread since there was at least a little bit of doubt on my part that Synchrony Bank would live up to their end of the bargain.  Well, I'm happy to report that they did.  They sent me an email yesterday with the following subject:

Congratulations! You earned a $30 Fandango eGift Card

They provided instructions to view, print or redeem the Fandango eGift Card online.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.