Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Marvel Question

tag
BallBounces
Valued Contributor

Marvel Question

I have a couple  questions about the Marvel MasterCard through Sync.  The Iron Man one specifically.

I kid.

Anyway, if you are approved and given a "temporary limit" (theoretically to use to spend immediately) is it ever the permanent limit as well, or is it always a reduced amount of a higher limit?  Is this card one that has been known to sometimes grant "CLI upon activation" online?

050719:     
021924:     

FICO 08 scores listed and are stagnated until multiple derogatory items expire over the next two years.
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
JR_TX
Valued Contributor

Re: Marvel Question

The initial limit oftentimes isn’t the actual limit with the Marvel MC. You can always call for CLI upon receipt and activation of the card but NOT BEFORE. With a TU F8 of 700+ they almost always grant CLI. Clean and thick 720+ and you can always ask for the moon.
The way to know actual SL before card gets to you is through your CR in which SYNB reports within a few days of approval and before card even gets delivered so watch your CK closely.
New cc TLs : 0/6 ; 0/12 ; 0/24 | HPs EX 3 EQ 3 TU 4 | AAoA 7y10m | UTIL 1% - 4% | $300K+ Total Limits

Message 2 of 10
BallBounces
Valued Contributor

My file is super thick and super duper dirty.    TU 674 was the approval.  So, believe it or not, if the permanent limit is 500 that will actually serve my specific secondary purpose pretty well (an AU card for someone with 0 credit).  I will wait and see, you are right that they report real quick typically.  I could make due with a larger limit too.  Smiley LOL

I am more than familiar with CLIs for general sync products, so was wondering if the eary CLI process is a little tighter for this card.

050719:     
021924:     

FICO 08 scores listed and are stagnated until multiple derogatory items expire over the next two years.
Message 3 of 10
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Right, and as you alluded, sometimes the temporary SL can be the actual CL. Best way to know for sure, as mentioned above, is when it hits your CRs within the next 24-72 hours to confirm the full CL.
Message 4 of 10
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

If it specifically said temporary limit, it's probably larger. Like Chase, Sync caps early access 

Message 5 of 10
tcbofade
Super Contributor

I picked up Marvel last January. TU 8 score was 750+.  $500 temp limit, $2,000 actual limit.  Haven't had a CLI yet.  Smiley Indifferent

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@tcbofade wrote:

I picked up Marvel last January. TU 8 score was 750+.  $500 temp limit, $2,000 actual limit.  Haven't had a CLI yet.  Smiley Indifferent

Feels bad man...

Sorry taco, that was totally my fault you went for that one and then I didn’t even go for it, I went SavorOne instead. Smiley Sad

Message 7 of 10
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@tcbofade wrote:

I think your last 3 spree more than made up for it. "Taco Tuesday"Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 10
BallBounces
Valued Contributor

I posted in approvals.  It hit.  1000 SL.

050719:     
021924:     

Message 9 of 10
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

As OP has now posted an approval thread this one is closed to further comments.

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Approvals/I-am-Iron-Man/m-p/5733563
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.